Options

Modify collage portrait or journal styles?

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited October 17, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
First, the bottom of the thumbnail is not rounded. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
Then, can I modify this so that only two images are on a row, rather than four? In part the thumbnail image would be bigger, but the real goal is to allow more of the caption to flow horizontally.

Alternatively, using journal style, the image is too large for the purpose. If I knew how to control that size, I could achieve the same result.

I resized the image to fit DG's limit.

Hope I'm not being too needy on Digital Grin. I sure feel like I am.

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2013
    Collage portrait can't be tweaked like that, but the Thumbnails/Grid style can:
    /* Force 2 columns, ignoring SmugMug's responsive thumbnail grid */
    .sm-tiles-grid .sm-tile-wrapper {
    	width:50% !important;
    	max-width: none !important;
    }
    .sm-tiles-grid.sm-tiles-col-1 .sm-tile-wrapper, .sm-tiles-grid.sm-tiles-col-2 .sm-tile-wrapper {
    	/* On small displays, display only one column */
    	width:100% !important;
    }

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    Another alternative would be to create a page with four "single-photo" content blocks and four HTML content blocks
    You would then be able to move the blocks around, make the blocks the sizes you want.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Collage portrait can't be tweaked like that, but the Thumbnails/Grid style can:
    /* Force 2 columns, ignoring SmugMug's responsive thumbnail grid */
    .sm-tiles-grid .sm-tile-wrapper {
        width:50% !important;
        max-width: none !important;
    }
    .sm-tiles-grid.sm-tiles-col-1 .sm-tile-wrapper, .sm-tiles-grid.sm-tiles-col-2 .sm-tile-wrapper {
        /* On small displays, display only one column */
        width:100% !important;
    }

Thank you. Fascinating. This is what I see. Is it possible to:
    1. make sure the full caption is visible below the image. This will be different sizes for different captions.
    2. eliminate the caption from appearing separately at the cursor position (it pops up in a bubble and obscures the photo. I couldn't get an image of that -I when I try to take a screen shot, it disappears).
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Another alternative would be to create a page with four "single-photo" content blocks and four HTML content blocks
    You would then be able to move the blocks around, make the blocks the sizes you want.

Thank you Ace. Having managed a few html pages in the past, and knowing how hard it is to update them, I will file this one under, "if the other options don't work." Which very well may be the case but I hope not.