Options

Mushrooms in Black & White

ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited October 17, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
i-PsKDtm8-L.jpg
Happy Shooting, Scott
Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2013
    Nice rendering to black and white. Strong blacks, and no blow-out on the whites.

Manual in PS or a plug-in?
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    Nice rendering to black and white. Strong blacks, and no blow-out on the whites.

Thanks Tony!
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    Manual in PS or a plug-in?

Little of both actually. Did most of the rendering in Lightroom and finished it as a tiff in Silver FX. As was the case here, I can never find a ready-made template in any of my plug-ins that I truly like. Thankfully Silver FX is infinitely adjustable. What I like to do in Silver FX is work with the film type templates. I am particular partial to the PanX one as that was my film of choice in the old days. The Ilford templates are pretty good too. The final piece of the puzzle in this case was adding a slight sepia tone, then back to Lightroom for a minor exposure adjustment.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    deal.gif
    Little of both actually. Did most of the rendering in Lightroom and finished it as a tiff in Silver FX. As was the case here, I can never find a ready-made template in any of my plug-ins that I truly like. Thankfully Silver FX is infinitely adjustable. What I like to do in Silver FX is work with the film type templates. I am particular partial to the PanX one as that was my film of choice in the old days. The Ilford templates are pretty good too. The final piece of the puzzle in this case was adding a slight sepia tone, then back to Lightroom for a minor exposure adjustment.

I didn't mean to imply that using a plug-in does not require manual
    adjustments. I use Nik sometimes, and never use the template as
    it is. There's always some slider adjustments.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    deal.gif

I didn't mean to imply that using a plug-in does not require manual
    adjustments. I use Nik sometimes, and never use the template as
    it is. There's always some slider adjustments.

Thanks Tony - didn't think you were implying anything. Thought you might be curious about the process I engaged to get that particular rendering. That's why I shared all that.

You have some terrific images on your website btw. Enjoyed perusing them yesterday.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    Thanks Tony - didn't think you were implying anything. Thought you might be curious about the process I engaged to get that particular rendering. That's why I shared all that.

You have some terrific images on your website btw. Enjoyed perusing them yesterday.

Thanks. After all, I am a native Hoosier though I don't live there any more.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    Thanks. After all, I am a native Hoosier though I don't live there any more.

I'm a transplant myself - originally from Maine. My family and I do love the Ohio River Valley though! We live in SW Indiana near Louisville, KY
    Happy Shooting, Scott