Options

Captions Appearing Below Thumbs in Collage Portrait?

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited October 17, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I just discovered that captions for my photos are appearing below the thumbnails in collage portrait gallery style. I've no clue as to why this is happening.

Anyone care to take a look and see if they can sort out why?

See: "Let's Elope!" Gallery

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 17, 2013
    I changed the info style on the display tab (at the level higher than the galleries) by clicking the wrench icon. My galleries are collage landscape but I suspect the settings are the same for collage portrait.

See this post.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    The problem is this. I've set Collage Landscape as my default. I can change the Info Style settings for that. I've selected Collage Portrait for some galleries. I can't seem to change any settings for those...
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    If you set unique settings for a specific gallery, then you have to go to that gallery and change the settings individually. At the moment Smugmug doesn't have a way to format groups of galleries (for example all in one folder).
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    If you set unique settings for a specific gallery, then you have to go to that gallery and change the settings individually. At the moment Smugmug doesn't have a way to format groups of galleries (for example all in one folder).

I'm not entirely sure we're on the same page. Just to be clear let me illustrate the issue.

Under Settings a user can choose a default gallery style. I chose Collage Landscape. You can then change the style of any gallery you want using Customize>Gallery Style. This is not the same as "Make this Gallery Unique" in the Customizer.

In the customizer you can go to the All Folder level where you can modify the Options for how your folders/galleries appear. You can set the spacing between your gallery thumbs, how the title bar appears, etc. This does NOT pass down to the appearance of the way thumbs appear in the actual gallery. For instance, say I set the pixel width between thumbs for galleries at 24x. While a folder of galleries will be all set to 24px spacing, there is no way to change the photo spacing from the default 6px. I can't find a way to modify the gallery display settings for the actual images.

So for my particular issue I changed the gallery style to Portrait Collage. The Info Style seems to be defaulting to Under. There doesn't seem be any way of changing the Display Settings for how Portrait Collage appears on my site.

Why can't we modify the display settings for a gallery? Where you should be able to get to the Options menu you get the locked screen with the "Area Reserved for Default Smugmug Content."
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    I started a feature request thread to allow gallery display settings to be modified.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    I started a feature request thread to allow gallery display settings to be modified.
    I added a solution to your request. :D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    I replied there.