Post showing llate

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
edited October 18, 2013 in Dgrin Forum Support
Why is it that when checking Dgrin every few minutes that I get posts that all of a sudden show up that
were posted hours ago? Just found another posted about two hours ago and I've checked at least five
times since then. Seen this many times in the past and quite embarrassing not replying in a timely
mater.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 8, 2013
    Can you include an example? I'm guessing that they're first posts from new users containing links. These get put automatically into a moderation queue as an anti-spam measure and don't appear in public until they're reviewed and approved. If they're from long-time users, then something is wrong. ne_nau.gif
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2013
    I think it was this post.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1917221#post1917221

Used back button many times. Last viewed before adding this post.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 8, 2013
    headscratch.gif Dunno, Allen. That one doesn't seem to fit the theory I had.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 18, 2013
    If you're using the back button, it doesn't refresh the page but reads it from the page cache.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    If you're using the back button, it doesn't refresh the page but reads it from the page cache.
    I read posts then "back button" to the thread but I immediately hit refresh almost every time.

It returns me to where I started like Nth page of forum or down in the middle somewhere.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 18, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I read posts then "back button" to the thread but I immediately hit refresh almost every time.

It returns me to where I started like Nth page of forum or down in the middle somewhere.

In some instances, you may need to force the page reload. In your example, if you back button to a page that has not changed, it'll be loaded from the page cache when you hit reload. If you're a Firefox user, try 'shift+reload'. That should re-read the page from the server.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?