Options

Keywords back but not front

excessnoiseexcessnoise Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all.

Newbie on New SmugMug

Keywords and keyword filtered gallery blocks: all shows up fine on the admin side, nothing shows up on the public side. It's been over 24 hours. But again, I see everything fine on the customize screen, just not showing on the front end.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 20, 2013
    Are your galleries password-protected? Keywords do not show in password-protected galleries.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93291:
    Gotchas: Only you, as the account owner, will be able to search for any keywords from unlisted or password-protected galleries. We only index the first 30 keywords for each photo. Keywords can take up to 24 hours to populate

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    Hi Denise,
    Sorry, I should have mentioned, neither password protected nor private.
    Cemil
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    One more thing, the most recent images block shows up fine. So the homepage is pulling images, just not those with keywords (again, only on the front end).
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    Could the photos that those keywords are supposed to pull be hidden photos?
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    No, because the photos appear fine on all other pages of the site, including the home page.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    Absolutely stumped. Spent hours. Cannot find a setting that would allow me to see keywords and keyword gallery blocks while logged in but not while logged out.

I'll let the site sit for 24 hours with zero interaction and see if that allows the system to magically generate and publish keywords and related blocks.

Will revert with news.

Meantime, if anyone has any other ideas, they're welcome ;-)

Cemil