Options

Setting price lists for individual galleries.

thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
edited October 20, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I can't seem to find where to apply a given price list to a given gallery?

Charlie

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited September 20, 2013
    It depends on whether you have a Portfolio account (which allows only a single active pricelist) or a Business account.

for portfolio accounts: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-
    for business accounts: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-#business

If you have a business account and you want to select a pricelist for a specific gallery, while in that gallery click Customize... Set prices.

--- Denise
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    Denise is correct. I see you are set at the Portfolio plan level which allows for 1 active pricelist. You can upgrade to the Business plan which is what you will need to use multiple pricelists. To upgrade, go into your Account Settings > Me > Subscription page, then click the Change Plan button.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    That's rather a shame, I just wanted to avoid presenting potential customers with reams of print sizes that were unsuitable for the ratio of the images.

However it's not worth doubling my subscription for. Arrgghhh, why did I spend so much time preparing my site without realising?

Time to look at other options.

Charlie
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    The Portfolio plan level allows for 1 active pricelist. What about all the photographers that have families
    and want to sell to them at the base price? I think the plan should allow a 2nd price list that's not editable
    and provides all photos/mer at base price.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    thebigsky wrote: »
    That's rather a shame, I just wanted to avoid presenting potential customers with reams of print sizes that were unsuitable for the ratio of the images.

You could go into your pricelist and remove items you don't want to be available, then add them back in the future after you finish up with this customer. Just a thought :).
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2013
    As an alternative is it possible to make the cart default to only products that don't require cropping?

Charlie
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2013
    thebigsky wrote: »
    As an alternative is it possible to make the cart default to only products that don't require cropping?

Charlie

I'm sorry no, at this time that is not possible.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    The Portfolio plan level allows for 1 active pricelist. What about all the photographers that have families
    and want to sell to them at the base price? I think the plan should allow a 2nd price list that's not editable
    and provides all photos/mer at base price.

+1 for something that would accommodate this.