Options

New photo > click to original gallery

einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited October 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have a "new photos" gallery which I populate by manually collecting photos from other galleries. It's not the "recent" feature, as I don't want ALL the new photos there, but rather - I use it to draw attention to photos I choose.
AFAIR, in old SM, there was an option to go to the photo's original gallery. Now I can't find it. So if I have a few new photos from say, my recent trip to Sardenga and I only want a selection of them in the new photos gallery but with an option to go to the whole gallery - it's not working. Once viewing the new photos, a visitor stays there instead of being pointed elswhere.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    GRBlizzGRBlizz Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    The feature still exists in the SmugMug style and the Journal style. It does not exist in the cool new collage styles. It's a tradeoff.

I use Journal for my Photo of the Day album for just that reason.
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    Thanks, so it seems.
    Another option I was exploring was to have a reference to the original gallery on the lightbox view, but it seems that this is not possible either.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    einat wrote: »
    Thanks, so it seems.
    Another option I was exploring was to have a reference to the original gallery on the lightbox view, but it seems that this is not possible either.

They had that in Legacy, no matter what style was used. I really want that feature back!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    GRBlizz wrote: »
    They had that in Legacy, no matter what style was used. I really want that feature back!
    You'll find that they downgraded almost everything in NewSmug. All you get now is a pretty picture.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    You'll find that they downgraded almost everything in NewSmug. All you get now is a pretty picture.

I'm not with you on that, because I think the navigation and organization tools are a real improvement. I believe we will get the features back, either by SM improvements over time or third party code.

There are definitely some things I miss, but if I had the choice between Legacy and New, it wouldn't even be close - I'd choose New.