Options

nearly ready to unveil but need to sort this first

picturebikepicturebike Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited October 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
i have a load of galleries that are all watermarked, in legacy the gallery preview page shows the thumb nail versions so no watermarks but new smug uses the full size images for the thumb nails so is my only option to go over all existing galleries and upload a non watermarked image to use as a featured image?

going to take hours to do if thats the case, but at the moment will look a mess if i unveil as it is because clients will see a page with all the galleries to choose from but with a load of horrible watermarked thumbnails..

i remember seeing a thread about this before but cant find it now so dont no if there was a work around

thanks

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    It's a shame Smug has set it to work this way. Your only option now is to create separate images to use as the gallery
    featured photos. I created a separate unlisted folder to store these in. I cropped each photo the way I want it with no
    watermark, not the full size image. Be sure to add the gallery name to each caption where it's being used for future reference.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2013
    Thanks for the reply Aleen

yeah thats easy to do for new galleries i guess but unless im missing something for me i have to do it for all my existing galleries as well and one by one which is going to mean hours of wasted time :/

id be happy if there was a way to not have a picture showing as i only really need the date and venue...
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2013
    id be happy if there was a way to not have a picture showing as i only really need the date and venue...

You don't have to select a photo for the galleries, but still - this is good for the new galleries. I think you'd have to go to each existing gallery and remove the featured photo.
    Don't know if there's a way of doing this in bulk.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2013
    what ive done is you can bulk select a single feature image for all galleries so i just did that for now and only took a matter of seconds to do..