Options

Thumbnail Tiles Clipped in Smugmug style?

zubenelgenubizubenelgenubi Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited October 25, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Hi there,

I'm new to dgrin, so I hope the problem described below isn't an old and well known bug...

I'm trying to customize my smugmug gallery style so that the thumbnails have borders and a drop shadow. But I find that only enough pixels are allocated to thumbnail tiles in the "long" direction to render the photo thumbnail itself. If I use CSS to put a border and/or drop shadow on the thumbnails, this should widen the overall final tile. But the aren't enough pixels allocated in the "long" direction to draw these extra elements. The result is a visually unappealing truncated display. You can see an example of this in the following gallery:

http://zubenelgenubi.smugmug.com/MostlyLandscapes-1/AceLake

The thin black border is not drawn on the right-side of the the thumbnail tiles. I tried adding some margin, but it only shifts what's drawn - it still doesn't allocate enough pixels to draw the thumbnail plus border. Drop shadows are similarly truncated. I see this problem when using either Firefox or IE, on windows 7 or Windows XP.

Borders and drop shadows greatly improve the appearance if there's a background image, as they provide some demarcation of the edge of a photo or thumbnail.

The problem doesn't occur in the short direction, so it seems like a bug to me?

Comments

• Options
    zubenelgenubizubenelgenubi Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2013
    All - I found a solution from another post. You just add this code to a CSS block on the "all Galleries" configuration pane:

/* Set the overflow of the images to be visible so the border actually displays properly */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-smugmug .sm-tile-content {
    position: relative;
    display: block;
    overflow: visible;
    }