Options

"Action on Click" setting

ButlerkidButlerkid Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited October 28, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
On my Homepage I display several images. I have selected "Go to Gallery" as what I want to happen when someone clicks on an image.

However, SM keeps going to the Lightbox (which is another choice) - not to the gallery.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this a bug in the system?

Comments

• Options
    eggplantgirleggplantgirl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2013
    Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue: in "Action on Click", "go to gallery" is selected, but it opens the image in the lightbox in the gallery, rather than going to the entire gallery.
  • Options
    DigitalSpeedDigitalSpeed Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2013
    Action on Click - Any resolution
    Hi I just transitioned from legacy SM to new. I have a similar issue on Home page w/ multiple images in that on click I want to go to the specific image in the gallery not the entire gallery, but cant seem to figure a way to do it. I don't want light box because it is confusing to the user and that is the only other choice??

http://www.digitalspeedphotography.com/
  • Options
    ButlerkidButlerkid Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2013
    I agree that it is very confusing for the viewer, but SM insists they had to program it this way if you use the collage layout for your gallery style. Makes no sense to me!
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    Action on Click - Any hacks or custom solutions?
    I hope I can find a custom solution somewhere or someone will see this thread and respond. I have been searching the forums with no success so far.

I have 15 images I chose from separate (or the same) galleries on the home page. What I would like is when user clicks on any image on the home page it takes them to that picture in the gallery; however not in lightbox which is the only choice to accomplish that as far as I can see.

Am I missing something or is this a custom solution?

BTW Love your images Karen - Nice site but like mine click takes to lightbox :confused

www.digitalspeedphotography.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2013
    I hope I can find a custom solution somewhere or someone will see this thread and respond. I have been searching the forums with no success so far.

I have 15 images I chose from separate (or the same) galleries on the home page. What I would like is when user clicks on any image on the home page it takes them to that picture in the gallery; however not in lightbox which is the only choice to accomplish that as far as I can see.

Am I missing something or is this a custom solution?

BTW Love your images Karen - Nice site but like mine click takes to lightbox :confused

You can add an html box to your homepage and add the photos you want with each having a link to
    anywhere you want. This was done in legacy many times.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2013
    Allen

Thanks for the response. I know absolutely nothing about HTML or CSS for that matter. My old legacy page had much customization that I cut and pasted into over many months/years to tweak it. (Slideshows, custom headers, footers, CSS & HTML scripts, etc.) Now that I have transitioned to the new SM I was hoping not to have to hunt for coding solutions that I would have to do/find and tweak until they work. ne_nau.gif

I like the simple functionality of the new SM; adding images to home page, spaced well, etc. It looks like what you are saying is I will need to recreate that function via HTML box and code in all of the size of images, spacing, click on action, etc. correct?

Unfortunately I don't possess those skills - although I have been successful in the past finding what I needed via Grin to cut and paste. I am not sure I want to do all that this time around... I am recovering from esophageal cancer surgery (esophagectomy) and was hoping the new SM would give me a highly functional, easily customizable site that any dummy like me could design. :D

If you can point me to a site that covers coding html or CSS page to do what I need Ill check it out. Thanks again!!

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited October 28, 2013
    You would use something like this from the legacy page in a current HTML box:

http://allen-steve.smugmug.com/gallery/3539056
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help