Options

Localisation - alternative currencies, metric system ...

pekrpekr Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited October 30, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Hi,

while I can find Smugmug being a really nicely looking service, its business layer is almost killing the oportunities for international sales:

- the site lacks the localisation options. As the interface is rather minimalistic, I think, that my clients can live with that, but still the option to translate the interface would be nice!

- currencies - only 5 of them? Noone here will recalculate to our local currency. I know, that adding some other currencies might not be easy, but please consider adding at least some "display currency" option. Simply put - allow us to add few items - name of currency, e.g. CZK, and exchange rate. Then we could see such local currency info in smaller/italic letters being displayed along to one of main currencies, with maybe small note: "Local currency does not necessarily reflect exact amount of money being paid for the selected service", of course, in local language

- metric system. Lack of metric system in your interface can be found almost arrogant nowadays. This one is even easier to implement - it it just one contstant - 2.54, you know? PhotoShelter allows metric system as an alternative. Do you think that ppl breathing whole life mm, cm, will want to constantly recalculate 4x6 inches, etc.? And no - it has nothing to do with your selected printing service, and what do they offer. What I ask about is at least supportive info in metric system.

Without last two points implemented, you are effectively killing your potential for international sales, and that is a big pity, as other than that, your site looks great ...

Best regards,
Petr

Comments