Options

Customization toolbar - can I get rid of it?

fabthifabthi Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited October 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all
I find that having the Customization toolbar (plus the NewSmugMug blue bar) always displaying in the preview while building the new website is rather distracting and, ultimately, doesn't allow me to have a realistic preview of how my site will look like :bluduh.
Is there any way to disable those two bars, at least temporarily?
thanks

Fabio

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Is this the right hand vertical black section that contains the site-wide, homepage, folders, etc., sections, and the basic, content, and layout tabs? If so, at the top of it, just under the top horizontal SM customize site bar, is an X and <, so that you can close it or move it to the other side while working.

I don't think there's a way to remove the top horizontal green customize bar but others may know differently. Without it how would you be able to click Done, for example.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    I just scroll down a little to hide it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    These two bars highlighted in red

njzn.png
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I just scroll down a little to hide it.
    Thanks Allen
    But I don't understand what you mean, I just can't scroll down ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    I can only guess that once unveiling the site the blue bar will disappear, the customization bar is kind of transparency that lets you suppose what's happening under it.
    But, I mean, why can't I have a clean preview of what's going on?
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    I have never used the preview option.
    You could try this: When you are done with some modification, click "done" and "publish". This will publish to you only, not to the world. (Unveil is the permanent world.)

For me this gives me only one bar at the top.
    I go back and forth from editing/customizing, to publish.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    For me this gives me only one bar at the top.
    I go back and forth from editing/customizing, to publish.

Likely this is happening cause you have already "unveiled" your site while I haven't yet.
    But again, I find odd I can't disable those two bars and have a "real" preview eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    No, I haven't unveiled. Do you have a "done" button per the image? This is the one to click to "publish".
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    Yes I have the "Done" button and after that I have to click on "Publish" to see changes applied.
    Yet I can scroll down only in pages where content goes below the fold.
    In homepage, amazingly, I have no way to see the preview without those "graceful" bars umph.gif
    That's not a big problem, I admit, but to be honest I'd expect to have the chance to preview every page of my site in the same clean way eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    I confess I'm not following you. Once you publish, you can go anywhere on your site in publish mode and scroll through all content, as if you were visiting the site like it was up and running.

I *think* if a page does not have content on it, you may not be able to scroll far at all.
    On your home page (in publish mode), do you have content? For example on my home page I have put content blocks for a video, and below that, a couple of text blocks, and below that, the All Folder, Galleries, and Pages block (from the Navigation folder on the right black side).

Also, on the Layout tab on the right, you have options for Fill Height, and Stretchy. Opting for those may also expand the content of what you see on a given page.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    If there is not enough content.
    Shorten your browser height then scroll down so you only see the part you want.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog