Options

altering text crashes site

sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited October 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am simply attempting to orient the text in the center of the text box. When clicking Done, I get no response. The site freezes. Cancel will not respond. When clicking Done in the upper right hand corner, I receive the message: "You currently have unsaved changes...save before proceeding"
I cannot do anything at this point other than close the entire browser and attempt to start over.
This has happened several times.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    sgrotta wrote: »
    I am simply attempting to orient the text in the center of the text box. When clicking Done, I get no response. The site freezes. Cancel will not respond. When clicking Done in the upper right hand corner, I receive the message: "You currently have unsaved changes...save before proceeding"
    I cannot do anything at this point other than close the entire browser and attempt to start over.
    This has happened several times.

I know there are bugs in the text block. I believe centering text is not possible at this time.
    Here's a bug thread, fyi:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238145&highlight=center+text

If you copy/paste from Word, you may introduce problem code. Try copy/paste into Notepad first, then from there into the text box.

Then you may need to carefully click the mouse into the spot where you need to make further edits. Also double line spaces do not take, even though you may see them in the text box. Click in and backspace out the 2 lines, and enter them again.

Once you figure out the glitches, copy/paste and edits are easy enough. But start with not trying to center.

I saw SM staff mention they are working on enhancing the functionality of text box (guessing adding format options?), and I'm sure fixing bugs will be part of this.