Options

Font mismatch between default SM and html

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited October 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
How can I make the top HTML, match the bottom snippet default SM gallery description?
I think both of these are in Buda.

In the HTML block (top snippet), the font is set as 16 pt (code entered into the html block).

In the main theme, the font is Buda, I don't see a way to set the pt or any size. I think that is determining the default gallery description (bottom snippet). (?)

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2013
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    You can edit your default font like this:
    .sm-user-ui body {
        font-size: 16pt;
        }

Thanks, Hikin, but the problem is the opposite. I want the html to match the default gallery description. It does not, and it has the code you specify. I need different code to match the default. I can't tell what the default is since I didn't get to specify it other than choosing the font name.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    If you don't specify the HTML font size, I would think it defaults to the default size.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    If you don't specify the HTML font size, I would think it defaults to the default size.

Quite the opposite. I think I saw 8 pt size. Extremely tiny.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    Sorry, not unveiled yet. I have to fix a few HTML pages before I can do that.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    I'm hoping there's a way for me to find the font specs - which would be more than just font size, right? - for the default display of gallery description. Then if I have them, I hope I can code HTML blocks to match them.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Chancy,
    You really need to start using Chrome and it's "inspect element". It's SOOOOO Simple! All you'd need to do is right click on the text you like, and click "inspect element". It jumps to the code that touches that element. The window has 2 pains ... on the left is the source code for the page. On the right is all the CSS that touches that element. You just scroll down on the right side of the window until you find the CSS you're looking for.

From what I gather, you're looking to figure out what font-size and line-spacing is required so that your HTML block matches the text settings of the gallery description?

Can you send me the HTML source code for one of these pages? I'll take a look. Shoot me an email again. :)
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    Will do on the HTML. I did use FF Web Developer element inspector - looked alllll over for font ID info, no can find. :cry
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Will do on the HTML. I did use FF Web Developer element inspector - looked alllll over for font ID info, no can find. :cry

I use FF with the Firebug tool. Much easier, IMO than Web Developer tool.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    leftquark wrote: »
    Chancy,
    You really need to start using Chrome and it's "inspect element". It's SOOOOO Simple! All you'd need to do is right click on the text you like, and click "inspect element". It jumps to the code that touches that element. The window has 2 pains ... on the left is the source code for the page. On the right is all the CSS that touches that element. You just scroll down on the right side of the window until you find the CSS you're looking for.

From what I gather, you're looking to figure out what font-size and line-spacing is required so that your HTML block matches the text settings of the gallery description?

Can you send me the HTML source code for one of these pages? I'll take a look. Shoot me an email again. :)

I did it! In Chrome! As you said, easy as pie.
    It appears the setting was 20px in the default gallery desc.; so I have changed it in the HTML blocks from 20 px.
    Will post some pics next as comparisons
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    EDIT: I see that because the two snapshots are different sizes, one must enlarge the browser window quite large to enable the two images to show the same sized font.]

This is probably not going to show the subtleties of differences that I see on my screen.
    I have two questions:
    - Did I match them? I want the top to be like the bottom.
    - IE, bless it's little soul, I now see it:
    (a) Hasn't removed the breadcrumb of the main folder (which you had given me code to remove so that only the title of the gallery is visible)
    (b) doesn't have bullets in the <li> code in HTML. Sigh.

i-Cg8NWbJ-X3.jpg

i-x89PMXw-X3.jpg