Options

Vertical image size variation with browser window

3PCo3PCo Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited October 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
On my home page (pillarpointposter.com) I have two images that I am trying to confine inside boxes that are defined on the page. They are Single Photos in vertical format. They do not appear to resize evenly when the browser window is increased or reduced with the cmd-+/- keys, sometimes overlapping the bottom boundary, which is amateurish. To the left I have a third photo in horizontal format, which does not do this.

I've tried every size option for the two vertical shots, including a few custom designs, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks
af

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see this as an issue. It looks "normal" to me.

I noticed the text on the bottom, I'm not going to spell it out, but really? If you're trying to be found in the search engine, you're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    If you load the page, then make it progressively smaller (or larger) with the cmd-+ or cmd- keys, at some sizes do you not see the two vertical images go through an awkward size where they overlap the end of the colored box and even the separator at the bottom? At most browser window sizes it does look fine, but there's a couple where it doesn't seem to size right. I'm on Firefox 24.0 with a Mac, haven't tried other browsers.
    (The text on the bottom is a joke.... we're having fun with this!)
    Thanks
    af
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    Sounds like you are zooming the browser. Nothing that I know of has ever been set up by Smug to support
    that. It's browser window stretching, different window sizes, that's supported. Only 100% zoom will work
    correctly.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2013
    I see. So is there a smart way to size my images? Should I just pick the largest size that looks good in the box?