Options

My "add to cart" button is not readable

ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited October 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
My "Add to Cart" button (which, in my case, actually says "Prices and Sizes") has somehow turned to a solid white box and is only readable when a customer hovers over it. I have no idea how this could've happened, nor how to fix it. I contacted the heroes and they sent me here saying that it sounds like some sort of CSS issue.

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Please keep in mind that I am absolutely clueless when it comes to writing code or anything else that goes beyond template customization.

Thanks!
Happy Shooting, Scott
Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    That's actually caused by this CSS, which appears in the CSS of your SmugMug theme:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button-skin-accent,
    .sm-user-ui a.sm-button-skin-accent,
    .sm-user-ui a.sm-button-skin-accent:visited {
        color: #FFFFFF;
        border-color: #141414;
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }

You can see it sets both the background and foreground colours to white. I think that probably means that you've set the "accent colour" for your theme to white. Click on Customize -> Customize site, go to the Theme tab, hover over your Active Theme and click the little wrench icon, then change the Accent Colour to something that's not white.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Ahhhh - that did it - thank you!
    Lesson learned: Don't set your text and accent colors the same. Lol.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    By the way, the descenders on the text on your logo seem to be cut off on the screen for me. You can add this to your theme's CSS to fix it:
    .sm-page-widget-logo-text-container, .sm-page-widget-logo-text {
      overflow: visible !important;
    }

• Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    By the way, the descenders on the text on your logo seem to be cut off on the screen for me.

By "descenders" are you referring to the menu items extending down below the bottom of the visible screen when clicked or hovered over?
    Happy Shooting, Scott
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Ah, no I mean the parts of the header text that fall below the line, the bottoms of the "g"s etc. get cut off on my computer (Chrome on Mac):

Zvu2j0D.png

Adding that CSS fixes it:

Q1aRYDY.png
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Wow!
    By the way, the descenders on the text on your logo seem to be cut off on the screen for me. You can add this to your theme's CSS to fix it:
    .sm-page-widget-logo-text-container, .sm-page-widget-logo-text {
      overflow: visible !important;
    }

Ah, no I mean the parts of the header text that fall below the line, the bottoms of the "g"s etc. get cut off on my computer (Chrome on Mac):

Zvu2j0D.png

Adding that CSS fixes it:

Q1aRYDY.png

Wow! I never noticed that before - thank you.
    I see the code that you included above, but I have no idea how to use it.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Click Customise -> Customise Site, then click Theme, hover over your active theme and click the wrench, go to the Advanced tab and click the "edit" link for "custom CSS", paste it in there! (it's pretty well-hidden!)
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Awesome!
    Click Customise -> Customise Site, then click Theme, hover over your active theme and click the wrench, go to the Advanced tab and click the "edit" link for "custom CSS", paste it in there! (it's pretty well-hidden!)

That worked great! Thank you so much - you've been a huge help.

Btw, I love your website. Where were the "Beach" images taken? They are very nice.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Thanks! That's St Clair beach in my hometown of Dunedin, New Zealand.

It's absolutely beautiful, and it reminds me of my hometown on the coast of Maine.
    Happy Shooting, Scott