Options

reduce height of header section

wellsie82wellsie82 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited October 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
im continuing to rejig my site (in particular my homepage) and im noticing that there's quite a gap between the header at the top of the page & the wording underneath

does anyone know how to close that gap up please? assuming it's something dead easy that's starring me in the face :rolleyes

http://www.jasonwells.co.uk/

:thumb

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    On each block, you will see a highlighted top horizontal section, and in the top left corner, there are icons for:
    - triangle to change margins
    - wrench to change settings

You can change the bottom margin of the top block, to zero, and the top margin of the bottom block, to zero, and this will move them closer to each other.

You can also put in negative margins to move a block even further. I did try that on one page, which looked right, but when I navigated around various pages, the effect was not so good.
  • Options
    wellsie82wellsie82 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    On each block, you will see a highlighted top horizontal section, and in the top left corner, there are icons for:
    - triangle to change margins
    - wrench to change settings

You can change the bottom margin of the top block, to zero, and the top margin of the bottom block, to zero, and this will move them closer to each other.

You can also put in negative margins to move a block even further. I did try that on one page, which looked right, but when I navigated around various pages, the effect was not so good.

brilliant - thanks so much. id already used the triangles to close down the margins to zero but negative margins solved it - you're a star bowdown.gif
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    wellsie82 wrote: »
    brilliant - thanks so much. id already used the triangles to close down the margins to zero but negative margins solved it - you're a star bowdown.gif

I'm not so sure about the effect negative margins can have on other parts of your site.
    One other factor to consider, if you have accidentally dropped an extra block, between the 2 blocks. I did this a couple of times and could not see it for some reason, hovering my mouse over the area. In this case, on the right side (black area), there is a list of your content blocks. Click each one and it will highlight on the left. I was then able to see the pesky 3rd block between the 2. If you have added a negative margin to one, that might obscure a hidden empty block further and make it impossible to highlight on the left (to delete it or edit it). Reverting all margins back to positive numbers should make all blocks accessible.