Options

Text Block

B643B643 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited October 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I want to write a one or two word description under each of the 4 Grid Photos. I want the grid to act like the old "Featured Galleries" did. I have not been able to figure this out.

Thanks

www.crookedriverimages.com

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    B643 wrote: »
    I want to write a one or two word description under each of the 4 Grid Photos. I want the grid to act like the old "Featured Galleries" did. I have not been able to figure this out.

Thanks

www.crookedriverimages.com

Say more about what you mean, "4 grid photos"? You are working with:
    - photos you have embedded with a photo content block?
    - or the default SM content of one gallery's contents?
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Say more about what you mean, "4 grid photos"? You are working with:
    - photos you have embedded with a photo content block?
    - or the default SM content of one gallery's contents?

Ok...all I want to do is place under EACH of the 4 images on my homepage a short description as to what photos are contained in the image they will click on. For example:

SHOW PHOTOS
    TEXTURED PHOTOS
    TRAVEL PHOTOS
    PARK PHOTOS
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    B643 wrote: »
    Ok...all I want to do is place under EACH of the 4 images on my homepage a short description as to what photos are contained in the image they will click on. For example:

SHOW PHOTOS
    TEXTURED PHOTOS
    TRAVEL PHOTOS
    PARK PHOTOS

What content block have you got on your home page where you see these images?

Did you drag individual photo blocks from the right side, and drop them into your home page? With a photo block, you would edit the settings in order to link to the photo (which will be stored some place on your site, in a gallery), so that the photo appears on the home page?

We need to be using the same term for what "photo" means.

If you are referring to a thumbnail image that you see on your screen - that could be a link to a FOLDER as opposed to an image.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    What content block have you got on your home page where you see these images?

Did you drag individual photo blocks from the right side, and drop them into your home page? With a photo block, you would edit the settings in order to link to the photo (which will be stored some place on your site, in a gallery), so that the photo appears on the home page?

We need to be using the same term for what "photo" means.

If you are referring to a thumbnail image that you see on your screen - that could be a link to a FOLDER as opposed to an image.

I dragged individual photo blocks from the right and dropped them onto the homepage. Now I want to place a text description under each photo block. I do a lot of art shows so it is important to me that my customers see immediately the blocks WITH a description.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Got it! (I think.)
    So you have photo blocks.
    Now drag either HTML blocks, or text blocks (depending on how much formatting you want to apply to your text or how much you like to code with HTML :D).

For example if the photos are in a column, one on top of the other, drag a text block and drop it underneath one of the photos. As you drag the text block you will see green highlighted sections, either beside, or above or below, your photo. When you see the horizontal green bar beneath your photo, drop the block in place.

Edit it with the wrench icon to add content. The triangle icon changes margins.

If you want text beside a photo, first change the container width of the photo to, e.g., 50%. Then when you drag the text block on, you'll see the vertical green line next to the right (or left) side of the photo. Drop it into place and you will have photo and text side by side.

Here's an example.i-BNZ8Gd9-X2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    I see I inserted a 2nd image by accident. What it shows is the green horizontal bar, and I'm holding a text block on that line, ready to drop it in place. I'm dropping it below a logo block, and above the gallery description block. The green areas will always be between other block types.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    OK...I will give it a try. Thank you so much for your help.