Options

Pricing Lists with new customization

denisemariedenisemarie Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited November 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Been using the legacy Smugmug since 2007 and getting ready to launch the NEW site. One problem that does not seem straight forward with the customization is setting the pricing for my galleries. I have about 4+ price lists depending of whether the galleries are just proofs, or artistically rendered, or art for sale, or sporting events, or for friends and family.... With the legacy gallery settings, I would be able to delegate a price list to a gallery when creating it....as well, if I needed to change the price list, I could do so in the gallery settings once the gallery was established and photos uploaded. I'm not seeing this type of option any longer with the NEW customization. I'm only seeing the option to activate the SHOPPING CART. It appears that the pricing is managed ONLY through the ACCOUNT SETTINGS...therefore it is there that I choose the galleries for specific PRICE LISTS? Is this correct, or am I skipping a step in gallery customization.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,255 moderator
    edited November 2, 2013
    Open your gallery. Click Customize, then click Set Prices.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    You can also specify galleries for a pricelist from within your account settings.
    • Go to Account Settings > Manage pricelists.
    • Edit a pricelist.
    • Once the price list is open, click on the number of galleries assigned to the pricelist. You will be taken to a screen to select galleries for the pricelist.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    thanks Denise.... so can I only do this once I publish my NEW site. I'm testing the new site using PREVIEW, and do not see what you see above....
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    thanks Denise.... so can I only do this once I publish my NEW site. I'm testing the new site using PREVIEW, and do not see what you see above....
    I'm not sure. I remember the same capability being present before I unveiled. And it certainly is available in legacy smug so you should be able to specify your pricing there.

If you haven't unveiled you should be publishing to see your changes. The changes won't be visible to viewers until you unveil, and there are several threads floating around about folks having problems with preview.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    Yes, I knew about the second option. Thanks. My concern is clients buying photos as they are uploading to the galleries, such as the case with sporting events.. Weird but it happens. Just hoping to establishing pricing as photos are uploading.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    Yes, I knew about the second option. Thanks. My concern is clients buying photos as they are uploading to the galleries, such as the case with sporting events.. Weird but it happens. Just hoping to establishing pricing as photos are uploading.
    You can and should set the pricelist before you upload. Or are you creating the galleries via whatever upload tool you are using? If that's the case then the galleries will be assigned your default pricelist.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    GEE, so there is the publishing step...... then the unveiling... like the legacy "owner's view" vs "visitor's view"?
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    Well here goes, I'll publish it... worst case scenario is to set my default pricing to my highest price list. At least I won't lose out. Scary but fun doing this. Thanks Denise!!
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2013
    GEE, so there is the publishing step...... then the unveiling... like the legacy "owner's view" vs "visitor's view"?
    It's a bit confusing because once you've unveiled publish means make your change visible to your viewers. But while you're in that middle world publish only publishes (saves) your changes for you. I wish the two environments had used different words - hopefully you won't be in that "in between" world for too long.

And there is no more "owner's view" vs. "visitor's view". I never used it in legacy because it was sort of a simulation as opposed to being real.

--- Denise