Options

Using Pages for Gallery Presentation

buzzbrompbuzzbromp Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited November 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I do not like the way smugmug presents galleries and locks the content blocks. I find that my pictures look too small (landscape too small in collage portrait, and portrait to small in collage landscape. I was trying to get around this by using pages to present the galleries instead of the galleries themselves. I insert a multiple photo block and connect it to the gallery. I have noticed two things that are minor problems and was wondering if anyone has a fix.

1) If you click on a photo to enlarge it, and then close it, it brings you to the gallery instead of back to the page.

2) I want to use the gallery, folder, and page block as I will have pages and folders that I want to be clickable. However, this will also put links to galleries that I don't want to have links to. Is there a way to hide the galleries on this block? I can of course just add a page only and a folder only content block and try to arrange it nicely. However, I like how the content block for all arranges things nicely.

Thanks
Brad

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2013
    buzzbromp wrote: »
    Hi,

I do not like the way smugmug presents galleries and locks the content blocks. I find that my pictures look too small (landscape too small in collage portrait, and portrait to small in collage landscape. I was trying to get around this by using pages to present the galleries instead of the galleries themselves. I insert a multiple photo block and connect it to the gallery. I have noticed two things that are minor problems and was wondering if anyone has a fix.

1) If you click on a photo to enlarge it, and then close it, it brings you to the gallery instead of back to the page.

2) I want to use the gallery, folder, and page block as I will have pages and folders that I want to be clickable. However, this will also put links to galleries that I don't want to have links to. Is there a way to hide the galleries on this block? I can of course just add a page only and a folder only content block and try to arrange it nicely. However, I like how the content block for all arranges things nicely.

Thanks
    Brad
    I think you can set the click to open in lightbox rather then gallery.

For the gallery, folder, and page block set "Select From" to "Items | Choose".
    Those that you choose are in the order chosen, no other sort is available.
    To reorder you'll have to re-choose.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    buzzbrompbuzzbromp Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2013
    Thanks, I missed those options and an easy fix.