Options

temporary Pro account

Kimbo6891Kimbo6891 Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited November 5, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am shooting at a fairly large fundraiser this weekend (just got the gig today) and I want to be able to sell prints as a way to donate money to the cause (the Wounded Warrior Project). I had a Business account until I renewed, at which time I downgraded to Power account. I only downgraded because I was not utilizing so many of the Pro account functions. I now need a shopping cart and can't treat this as I would a simple portrait session with in-person sales. I will not be shooting tethered nor will I have the ability to print on-site. Is it possible for me to upgrade to a Pro account for a couple of months so I can sell the prints for a while and then downgrade my plan again? I can't afford to pay the full yearly fee at one time, even though it is prorated from my Power account purchase. I just want to do the monthly charge of $20.00. If this isn't an option, does anybody have any other suggestions for me? I have to act very quickly because I want to be able to list the link to the site and print off cards to hand out and lay around at the venue and if I need to change image hosting sites to do that, I need time to set it up tomorrow.

Thanks!
Have a Picture Perfect Day!

Kim Ashcraft Photography

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited October 31, 2013
    have you considered upgrading to a Portfolio account? Portfolio gives you the ability to use a single pricelist as opposed to the multiple pricelists available for Business-level accounts - but you would be able to sell photos at a profit.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    have you considered upgrading to a Portfolio account? Portfolio gives you the ability to use a single pricelist as opposed to the multiple pricelists available for Business-level accounts - but you would be able to sell photos at a profit.

--- Denise

Hi, Denise,

Unfortunately, business is super slow right now and I might even be closing my business. I wouldn't mind doing a temporary upgrade to the Portfolio level, but I can't afford to pay the full balance due right now or an extended montly charge for the upgrade. That is why I only wanted to do it for 2-3 months just for this event. Is that possible?

Kim Ashcraft Photography
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited October 31, 2013
    Kimbo6891 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, business is super slow right now and I might even be closing my business. I wouldn't mind doing a temporary upgrade to the Portfolio level, but I can't afford to pay the full balance due right now or an extended montly charge for the upgrade. That is why I only wanted to do it for 2-3 months just for this event. Is that possible?
    You'll need someone from SmugMug to answer that question. You can wait until they see this post or you might want to contact the helpdesk - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new/

--- Denise
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2013
    I believe this will work.

Switch your account to the Power account monthly option by going into your Account Settings > Me > Subscription tab, then click Change Plan. Once you have switched over to the Power/monthly plan click the Change Plan button again and you will be able to pick between the Portfolio/monthly or the Business/monthly plans. Once you upgrade we will charge your card on file right away for the prorated difference. Then in a couple months when you are ready to drop back down just go back and change your plan again.

If things go wonky with the billing don't worry, we can't set things straight. Just send us an email.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    I believe this will work.

Switch your account to the Power account monthly option by going into your Account Settings > Me > Subscription tab, then click Change Plan. Once you have switched over to the Power/monthly plan click the Change Plan button again and you will be able to pick between the Portfolio/monthly or the Business/monthly plans. Once you upgrade we will charge your card on file right away for the prorated difference. Then in a couple months when you are ready to drop back down just go back and change your plan again.

If things go wonky with the billing don't worry, we can't set things straight. Just send us an email.

Well, I can't afford the prorated amount of over $80.00 right now. I am already a Power account holder and just want to do the monthly charge of $20 like it says it is on the site when I go to change my plan. I guess I will just have to use shootproof or seemyprints for this event. Thanks.

Kim Ashcraft Photography
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Well, I can't afford the prorated amount of over $80.00 right now. I am already a Power account holder and just want to do the monthly charge of $20 like it says it is on the site when I go to change my plan. I guess I will just have to use shootproof or seemyprints for this event. Thanks.

Never mind. I think I see what you mean, Zac. I overlooked something in those steps at first.

Kim Ashcraft Photography
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Never mind. I think I see what you mean, Zac. I overlooked something in those steps at first.

Well, I tried that and because my subscription isn't up for renewal until next October, I can't upgrade to the monthly Portfolio plan. I just had to switch back to the Annual Power Plan. Oh, well.

Kim Ashcraft Photography
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Kimbo, how about a link to your site? I will do it for you.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Kimberly, here's what I did for you. I refunded the Power account money that you paid us earlier this month in full. Then I changed you to the Portfolio monthly plan. The system should charge you today or tomorrow $20, then $20 every 30 days from now until you downgrade or change the plan. Sound good? :).

Next time when you have account billing related questions it's best to email the help desk so we don't have to hash things out in public.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2013
    Kimberly, here's what I did for you. I refunded the Power account money that you paid us earlier this month in full. Then I changed you to the Portfolio monthly plan. The system should charge you today or tomorrow $20, then $20 every 30 days from now until you downgrade or change the plan. Sound good? :).

Next time when you have account billing related questions it's best to email the help desk so we don't have to hash things out in public.

Thanks, Zac. I think that will work. I really did not want to change to shootproof or seemyprints.

Kim Ashcraft Photography
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2013

Hi, Zac, I am so sorry for all of the trouble, but can you just put me back on the power acount before the refund comes back to me and before the $20 comes out? I thought I could set up packages on the Portfolio account and I really feel like they would be beneficial to me for this event. I will have to use somebody else for this event and not stress about it anymore.

Kim Ashcraft Photography
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2013
    For those following the thread, I helped her privately.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2013
    Awesome service Zac - you went way above and beyond here. Fabulous. thumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Awesome service Zac - you went way above and beyond here. Fabulous. thumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gif

Yeah. He's a good boy, that one.