Options

Justified text - how do I get it?

fabthifabthi Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited November 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all
the text tool only allows text to be centered or aligned left/right but I'd rather like to be able to set it as Justified; how can I get this done? :scratch
thanks to all

Fabio

Comments

• Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013
    So far I've been unable to suss a way to justify text in a Text content block. I've resorted to using a HTML content block, adding the plain text to the HTML section and adding {text-align:justify} to the CSS section. The downside to this method is that ALL text in the block is justified - it's not possible, AFAIK, to justify selected parts but leave other parts centred or left/right aligned.

A better way to achieve selective control of alignment/justify would be to use HTML whenever a change is required.

The best way to achieve easy selective control of alignment/justify would be for SM to provide a "Justify" option in the Text content block and make everything work properly!
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2013
    Hi beardedgit
    thanks for your help!
    To be honest, I'm rather surprised Justified text formatting is not available by default among New SmugMug customization features eek7.gif
    It's something you can find on free Wordpress.org and even on very simple website builder platforms, since it's a standard since years in website designs.
    That said, your suggestion does work, thanks a lot!
    Fabio
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2013
    fabthi wrote: »
    It's something you can find on free Wordpress.org and even on very simple website builder platforms, since it's a standard since years in website designs.
    Yeah, I run a WP.org blog with an enhanced TinyMCE editor in the backend, the flexibility is immense. It's a shame that SM hasn't integrated such a thing. Maybe future versions of SM could include it, or include hooks so that we could use it as a plug-in. It's open-source, proven, and used by many millions of bloggers, so what's not to like about it?
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 5, 2013
    fabthi wrote: »
    Hi all
    the text tool only allows text to be centered or aligned left/right but I'd rather like to be able to set it as Justified; how can I get this done? headscratch.gif
    thanks to all

Fabio
    Text editor now has a justify button thumb.gif
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2013
    bwg wrote: »
    Tried and tested, it works clap.gif

Thanks thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2013
    bwg wrote: »
    They have read my mind! :ivar
    If it's that easy to get things sorted by SM staff, then I have a long wish list rolleyes1.gif