Options

Any chance of giving us a wysiwyg editor for grown-ups?

beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited January 11, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Formatting text in a Text content block is restrictive, the options there are woefully inadequate.

Resorting to a HTML content block is better but assumes that the user has some knowledge of HTML and CSS. Not all users are OK with this.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if we had a proper wysiwyg editor? The one I'm using now to construct this post in dgrin would suffice, although the open-source TinyMCE editor would be better. Geld it if necessary, to make it safe for SM, but please give us something better than what we have now.
Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!

Comments

• Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 12, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    Formatting text in a Text content block is restrictive, the options there are woefully inadequate.

Resorting to a HTML content block is better but assumes that the user has some knowledge of HTML and CSS. Not all users are OK with this.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if we had a proper wysiwyg editor? The one I'm using now to construct this post in dgrin would suffice, although the open-source TinyMCE editor would be better. Geld it if necessary, to make it safe for SM, but please give us something better than what we have now.
    what additional formatting options would you like to see in the SmugMug text editor?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2013
    bwg wrote: »
    what additional formatting options would you like to see in the SmugMug text editor?
    Well, for starters, how about undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, highlight-and-drag, text-colour, special characters, anchors, strikethrough, superscript, subscript, blockquote... ?

Oh, and make it wysiwyg.

Let me know when you've sorted them and I'll let you have the next batch :D

BUT...

I'd rather have the other broke stuff in SM fixed rather than divert resources to the provision of new features.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2014
    Any progress, bwg?