Options

Ajman vs. Alwasl 25 October 2013 Friday soccer

ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited November 14, 2013 in Sports
Hi all,

Here are photos from Friday evening soccer game of the team of my city [Ajman] facing Al-Wasl a team from Dubai during the 5th week of first round from UAE pro league, nothing much to say about the game, we won[Ajman] 4-2, i don't feel enjoy doing photography since 2-3 years, but i keep shooting and hope to improve everyday even after years of doing photography

dqv6.jpg

aeyq.jpg

7pbp.jpg

w5ms.jpg

ys5u.jpg

pcbl.jpg

rhfv.jpg

eccu.jpg

xr5o.jpg

n53u.jpg

I have more from this game if you want to see

Comments

• Options
    hfphotohfphoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 27, 2013
    Nice shots. I'm always interested in seeing soccer photos. Would you mind providing info as to, equipment used, shutter speed, f-stop, etc?
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2013
    hfphoto wrote: »
    Nice shots. I'm always interested in seeing soccer photos. Would you mind providing info as to, equipment used, shutter speed, f-stop, etc?

Thank you!

Ok, i can tell about the equipment used, but the settings are different of each or almost all of them during the change of lighting condition, so if you need you can choose which shots and i can provide the details about those shots individually.

I used Canon 1DX and EF 300mm f2.8IS mark1 for all those photos, the shutter speed i try to keep at at about 1/1600-1/2000, the f-stop is between 2.8 and 3.5 if i can remember, ISO are changing, from 640 during the time before the sunset few minutes to around 10000 after the sunset for some shots, mostly were around 4000-6400.
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2013
    These all look to be daylight. I use the Nikon D4 at night for soccer, and am often up in the 10000 range. I'd love to see some of the night shots, if you have them somewhere, compare to how the 1DX looks.

These are great action shots by the way, my favorite is #3.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2013
    Thank you!

Ok, i can tell about the equipment used, but the settings are different of each or almost all of them during the change of lighting condition, so if you need you can choose which shots and i can provide the details about those shots individually.

I used Canon 1DX and EF 300mm f2.8IS mark1 for all those photos, the shutter speed i try to keep at at about 1/1600-1/2000, the f-stop is between 2.8 and 3.5 if i can remember, ISO are changing, from 640 during the time before the sunset few minutes to around 10000 after the sunset for some shots, mostly were around 4000-6400.

Do you shoot raw, or are these jpgs out of the camera?
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2013
    Ferguson wrote: »
    These all look to be daylight. I use the Nikon D4 at night for soccer, and am often up in the 10000 range. I'd love to see some of the night shots, if you have them somewhere, compare to how the 1DX looks.

These are great action shots by the way, my favorite is #3.

True, those are only almost daylight or the time before the sunset time without the floodlights, but you really interested in to see the night shots of the game?!!! I feel no body really interested in my post.
    Do you shoot raw, or are these jpgs out of the camera?

All RAW then processed and converted to JPEG.
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2013
    but you really interested in to see the night shots of the game?!!! I feel no body really interested in my post.

Yes, I'm interested, and would love any criticism you care to provide on mine as well. I'm enjoying shooting Soccer more and more, but it is hard. The field is big, the lights are dim (at least in my venue) and the action fast, so it's a technical challenge. But i'm also trying to understand better what kind of action and perspective real soccer fans like.

I'm also interested that you did this with a 300. Did you wait for the action to come to you, or are those pretty extreme crops? I mostly use a 400 for soccer, and even that's a bit short. Or long -- switching to another body as the action charges up field is a challenge if it's a real rush. For day games I've been using a 80-400 zoom a bit -- I hate the F5.6 (relative to separation), but I love that I can shoot the whole field with one lens.

For me it's mostly college soccer. Here's the most recent night game:

http://www.captivephotons.com/Events/FGCUMS/JU110213

I'm sorry you didn't get the feedback you wanted -- some postings here get none, some get a lot, never quite know what catches people's attention. I think in part if the shots are well executed people have less to suggest, so they say nothing.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2013
    True, those are only almost daylight or the time before the sunset time without the floodlights, but you really interested in to see the night shots of the game?!!! I feel no body really interested in my post.

All RAW then processed and converted to JPEG.

I am interested in seeing more soccer photos. Also, I'd be interested in knowing where you were positioned on the filed to get the shots you posted. If you have a link to a website with more photos, I'd be interested in that as well.
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2013
    nice set
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited November 12, 2013
    I like these. The light is really nice and the action is good. Always surprised the traditional clothes at a sporting event.

#2 and #6 are my favorites.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    Nice set. Most of them are very good. The first shot is your weakest but the others all rock...