Improved shopping cart / sales flow

tplumbtplumb Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited November 17, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Per Baldy on Pro price increase last year starting @1:20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZaRVzIg0wk&feature=player_detailpage#t=79

I cannot seem to locate any new changes to the cart (looks the same old hard tabbed one) regardless of template change.

So from all the $$$ from price increases to Pros, statements of more engineering to Pros to help better sales, what are the sales flow improvements? Tried to search the blog but all I see is how to do template tweaking.

1:30 in Pro Pricing change video, promise is "that's exactly what we're doing". 2 days to anniversary. So what's done in this new "unveil" per talk from 1:19 to 1:35? Which help support page shows this "new stuff"? I can only find old features at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/topics/42472-smugmug-pros/articles.

Comments

• paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2013
    /subscribe

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 4
  • TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    Buy and use Smug's services for what they offer today (and hope they don't remove any more functionality)... You should put out of your mind the idea that they will deliver what you want in a reasonable timeframe.

They might, but in the past they have spent over 5 years delivering certain relatively simple features that most other sites already had.

Waiting for SM to release a feature is a sure way to get frustrated and angry.

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • tplumbtplumb Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2013
    So, it looks like SM has engineering bandwidth, since Camera Awesome just got launched for Android.

How about some rollouts of all the promises in the youtube video from last year for justifying price increases exponentially on Pros?
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    TalkieT wrote: »
    Buy and use Smug's services for what they offer today (and hope they don't remove any more functionality)... You should put out of your mind the idea that they will deliver what you want in a reasonable timeframe.

They might, but in the past they have spent over 5 years delivering certain relatively simple features that most other sites already had.

Waiting for SM to release a feature is a sure way to get frustrated and angry.

Cheers - N

+1

After many years and God only knows how many dollars, SmugMug hasn't offered a single thing to pros that wasn't already available in the legacy SmugMug, in fact, as was mentioned, features were removed. All that happened was that they transformed their business model from one built around photographers to one built around a mass market commodity. There is still no self fulfillment option, many currencies are still not available; there is no ability to make purchases on mobile devices (and this one really blows my mind given the post-PC era we seem to have entered into back in 2007 - what year is it now?). I could go on but there is no point. It has all been said before. Just accept that SmugMug is what it is and will probably never be what you want it to be. Long ago they decided that they would rather be a "big business" than a "photography business". The new Android app will no doubt net them millions. Fixing your issues, whatever they are, won't come close.

Just sign up for an Instagram account or Camera Awesome in whatever flavor you prefer, iOS or the "shiny new" Android, and upload your phone pics like everyone else. Oh and don't forget to make a few in-app purchases. We all need to feed the beast. The price increases weren't enough. :D
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com