Options

User authentication

zavrzavr Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
Hi! I work on the photo studio website. My client wants to have an access form on the website allows to direct user to his smugmug gallery. How it should work:
1. User types gallery name and password (galleries should secure = be password protected) and click Submit
2. It directs user to his gallery

How can user avoid "Unlock Gallery" form on smug? Maybe I could get request token and post password to smugmug?

Thank you all for any help.

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    There's a couple of ways to do this.

One is to name a gallery a certain way so that the user's name is used to fetch the link to the gallery. Then the password could be set up for the gallery and the form can pass the password onto the gallery.

Two is to simply password protect every gallery with a different password for each client. Once the client enters his/her password, they will see all the galleries that the password is good for.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    zavrzavr Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 16, 2013
    SamirD wrote: »
    There's a couple of ways to do this.

One is to name a gallery a certain way so that the user's name is used to fetch the link to the gallery. Then the password could be set up for the gallery and the form can pass the password onto the gallery.

Two is to simply password protect every gallery with a different password for each client. Once the client enters his/her password, they will see all the galleries that the password is good for.

I'm not sure you understand me. I'll try to explain better. User should not enter a password on smugmug website.
    For example: you have greatwebsitename.com website. There is a form with two fields: gallery name and password. User should fill these fields out, click "Submit". Then he will be redirected to the gallery on smugmug. He should not enter any on smugmug. He should see the gallery immediately after redirection.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    To do this, you're going to have to use the API and access the smugmug gallery that way. Or, you can reverse-engineer the html prompts that smugmug has and then try to auto-submit those forms, although I wouldn't recommend that method since they change a lot of this stuff constantly.

Good luck, and definitely let us know how it goes!
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!