Options

Arrange Photos - Drag and Drop glitch

CnDpCnDp Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited November 18, 2013 in Bug Reporting
The last few months or so I have had issues with the drag and drop feature of arranging photos in my galleries. It will look like it is picking up a photo to drag and drop it but then once I click on it the photo will disappear from view and never be "released" in the place I want it. I just see an empty box. It won't let me select another photo until I hit refresh to clear it out and then that photo appears back in the place it was originally. It's costing me a lot of time trying to arrange large wedding galleries that I can't use auto sort with because of different camera file names... this is a huge problem when it's costing me so much time and frustration trying to just organize a gallery before sending it to my brides.

I don't know what all you need to know to see what the issue could be, but I'm using Chrome on a PC with Windows 7 and this has only started being an issue within the last 1-2 months.

Thanks!
Tiffany

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited November 17, 2013
    Hopefully someone from smug will jump in with details / help on your problem with drag and drop.

In the meantime, have you tried clearing the browser cache? If that doesn't help it might be worth trying a different browser.

Would it be worth tagging the photos with a caption that you can use for sorting?
    Or what about trying a sort by date taken (assuming that your multiple cameras have a synchronized datetime)?

--- Denise
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 18, 2013
    Hi CnDp,

As Desnise mentioned - Clearing Cache and Cookies in your web browser usually solves the issue. If you are still experiencing problems - please contact our support desk - we will do some testing on your account.

I hope this helps!
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me