Options

Whoa the unexpected

jeatleyjeatley Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 19, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
Ok here is the deal. I shoot for a few automotive magazines and owners, a couple of small businesses. Also do Portraits from time to time because like most that is where I started. Oh and I love them.

So I went on vacation back in July and around Oct. I posted a few online, Twitter, Facebook, I was contacted by an advertising firm to create a library for a client. They contacted me and knew about my Facebook page, website, magazines I shoot for, and even my instagram page. They did their research. They asked about my next vacation which is coming up around christmas. They want to piggy back the vacation as a trial run with me. A TEST RUN. They are writing up a contract and we just need to fill in the blanks

They don't care where I go, They don't care what I do. Concept is, I take a vacation and shoot along the way. They will help with some of the locations we stay at and want to buy 100 or more images from me. when I get back. Plus since I have written some of the feature work for Automotive magazines they asked me to do 5-7 blogs about 5-7 images I take. 250 words to 400. That is extra pay.

This is out of my league and I asked for a possible budget, they returned with, we have never piggy backed a vacation before. I have to quote them. Any thought?

We have discussed a full year contract also which would consist of traveling 1 week a month every month. Shooting an blogging. We have decided on a day rate plus expenses, NOW IT IS THE Licensing of the images I am falling short on. I have seen numbers from $25per image to total packages of $50000? Where do I go from here.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited November 19, 2013
    I got nothing. Maybe something like FotoQuote could help with the licensing/pricing?

Sounds like a pretty nice deal though.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?