Options

Time Change 5D Mk111

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited November 26, 2013 in Cameras
Hi
Following the recent hour time change. I altered the change on my 5D Mk111. It works fine until the following day I find the time reverts back to the old time. I have tried it several times but it still reverts back. Is there anything I can do to rectify this?
Cheers
Bob

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,833 moderator
    edited November 26, 2013
    Whenever you need to change the time do remember to press the "Set" button after making the time change. If you don't press the "Set" button the changes that you made won't persist.

However, regarding the Canon 5D Mark III, there is also a "daylight savings time" function which can be turned on and off as needed, eliminating most of the need to physically change the time. You still need to press the "Set" button even after changing the "daylight savings time" function, however.

See pages 36-37 of your user manual, or in this PDF:

http://media.the-digital-picture.com/Owners-Manuals/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-DSLR-Camera.pdf
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2013
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Whenever you need to change the time do remember to press the "Set" button after making the time change. If you don't press the "Set" button the changes that you made won't persist.

However, regarding the Canon 5D Mark III, there is also a "daylight savings time" function which can be turned on and off as needed, eliminating most of the need to physically change the time. You still need to press the "Set" button even after changing the "daylight savings time" function, however.

See pages 36-37 of your user manual, or in this PDF:

http://media.the-digital-picture.com/Owners-Manuals/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-DSLR-Camera.pdf

Thanks once again Ziggy I don't know what I would do without you. I always pressed the 'set' button after I altered the time but as I have said it always reverted to the original time. I didn't know about the 'daylight savings time' I have switched it on and set the button so I am sure this will have solved the problem. Very much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Bob