Options

Hardcore Pro Users - Bulk Uploading

oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited November 28, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello to the hardcore Pro users...

We do a number of events every year. A few of these events produce about 100,000 images that I need to get online and available for purchase as quickly as I can.

Up till now I've used StarExplorer. But as soon as I push to the new SM layout (which is this week) I lose that ability. Even then SE hasn't been perfect. Sometimes I can get 30gig uploaded a time or sometimes it goes 50meg before it crashes.

The BIGGEST thing that SE did for me was to create ALL the galleries based on folder names. This was the most important time saver for me.

What tools do you use? What has been the most reliable?

Comments

• Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2013
    I've used KomodoDrop, it has the same feature to create galleries based on folder name.

However, I typically only use KD to create the structure and then SmugBrowser to upload.

I don't know if either is compatible with the new Smug, and SmugBrowser requires an ancient version of FireFox, because I'm sticking with legacy as long as I can...

I typically upload only 3000-5000 images for larger events, so I also can't comment on how either will handle such a large amount of file transfers.
  • Options
    shahkwaveshahkwave Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2013
    I've been using Star Explorer for a long time, but unfortunately it doesn't yet work with the new smug, so I haven't been able to convert over to the new smug site. A key part of my sports event workflow post-event is to be able to upload the 300+ folders created per event all at one time without having to individually create new folders. I like that Star Explorer is just a drag and drop type application. If anyone else has any suggestions on how to bulk upload multiple galleries (folders) for one category, I would love to know a way to do this.

Thanks!
  • Options
    shahkwaveshahkwave Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2013
    oceanthrsty, if you migrated to the new SM, what's your uploading process now? I'm in a similar situation with 25,000+ photos from one weekend resulting in approx 200-300 new galleries that need to be created and uploaded on smug.