Options

Share photos from an unlisted gallery that is under a private one

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited December 2, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hi ,
I am trying to share photos from a gallery that is unlisted and password protected. The GEt a link does not work though and I think that this might be as my gallery is one level below a private one.

Would it be possible to share under this security scheme?

Regards
A

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited October 19, 2013
    Anything that is private is only available to you when you are logged on to your site. You would need to change the top level folder to unlisted if you want to share; it can't be private.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1229910-new-smugmug-what-are-the-gallery-level-privacy-settings-:
    Private Galleries/Pages/Folders are TOTALLY private. They can ONLY be accessed by the logged in owner of the site. There is not a way to share a Private gallery.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    adamjasonphotoadamjasonphoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2013
    Denise, I believe the confusion stems from the implied inheritance of "Private" when there is a specific choice for "Inheriting" in the privacy settings.
    That makes it seem that any choice other than "Inheriting" (ie: Unlisted) will act as an override to any inherited attributes, making this an Unlisted Gallery (which happens to be under a private folder). I understand the reasoning for the observed behavior, but I think the help page needs to be more specific in-terms of how inheritance is actually used.