Options

Folder, Gallery redirecting

ageigerageiger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 3, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've created a "client" page with some broad folders. Within each folder are galleries (public, but password protected). I put a content block on the client page Folders, Galleries and Pages and put three folders in it. Two of the folders have Galleries, one has a sub folder, which has galleries. When I click on a folder on the client page, it just redirects me to the client page and doesn't open the folder. On another page "citizenship" i had a block with a folder and two galleries, which was working fine until I tried to set up the client page. But now the folder doesn't open either and redirects to the "client" page, even though the URL is showing the page it should be. Not sure how to resolve this. emdashphoto.com is the page to check out what's going on.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2013
    Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. But - did you inadvertently add some customization to "all folders" or "all galleries," when you meant to customize one folder or one gallery?

Assuming you have published, go back in to Customize and go to All Folders. See if you can see some content that doesn't belong there. If yes, delete each block. Then check All Galleries the same way.

A warning: If you catch yourself doing this accidentally while in the middle of constructing a new folder or gallery, and you realize you have applied the contents to All folders or galleries, then:
    1. In the folder or gallery, click Make this Gallery/Folder separate. Accept the warning. THEN PUBLISH.
    2. Then go back into Customize, go to All Galleries or All folders, and remove the problem blocks. As long as you have done 1 first, you won't loose the customization in the individual folder or gallery.
  • Options
    ageigerageiger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2013
    Thanks Chancy,

That helped. I somehow changed settings for all folders. There's just one that I still have issues with, but hoping to get it figured out.
  • Options
    3photos3photos Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 3, 2013
    Undo making a folder separate
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. But - did you inadvertently add some customization to "all folders" or "all galleries," when you meant to customize one folder or one gallery?

Assuming you have published, go back in to Customize and go to All Folders. See if you can see some content that doesn't belong there. If yes, delete each block. Then check All Galleries the same way.

A warning: If you catch yourself doing this accidentally while in the middle of constructing a new folder or gallery, and you realize you have applied the contents to All folders or galleries, then:
    1. In the folder or gallery, click Make this Gallery/Folder separate. Accept the warning. THEN PUBLISH.
    2. Then go back into Customize, go to All Galleries or All folders, and remove the problem blocks. As long as you have done 1 first, you won't loose the customization in the individual folder or gallery.

I made a folder separate, but now I would like to go back to having the site-wide customizations apply to that folder. Is there any way to do that?
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2013
    You can click the X next to the "make this gallery separate" (upper right corner of the flyout) to delete the separation. This will:
    - revert the gallery back to the site-wide all gallery settings
    - AND delete your extra customizations you might have added when it was separate.

What customizations did you want it to have by doing this? I *think* site-wide does flow down when a gallery is separate.
    You could also just manually add new customizations that are from your site or all galleries, while keeping the gallery separate.

Others may want to comment on what you can loose or keep depending on which way you go. I'm less clear on that.