DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2013
    Thanks Pam the Best to you and yours.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited December 1, 2013
    Terrific! Love the hi-key, almost graphics feel to this, Chris. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2013
    Overcast is good (imo) ... prob because we get plenty of it here in the uk :)
    Nice find - assume you've not levelled the horizon because of (possible) head reflection loss / fg cloning?

pp
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    Nice find - assume you've not levelled the horizon because of (possible) head reflection loss / fg cloning?

pp

Thanks Joel I had the same feeling on the graphic look when I first saw it , did not think it was real even though I shot it

Most days I do like overcast as long as it is not too dreary, The horizon is leveled or at least the camera was the log that he is on is running at an angle. Best indication that it is proper is the leg is straight up and down when the duck is on one leg.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2013
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    ...The horizon is leveled or at least the camera was the log that he is on is running at an angle. Best indication that it is proper is the leg is straight up and down when the duck is on one leg.

Seems fair enough - re leg alignment, but if this'd been mine, I would have rotated the image so's that a line drawn between a particular part of the bird (say bill tip) and its reflection were vertical - ie perpendicular to a (horizontal) horizon.

Is this approach wrong?

pp
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2013

pp
    Seems fair enough - re leg alignment, but if this'd been mine, I would have rotated the image so's that a line drawn between a particular part of the bird (say bill tip) and its reflection were vertical - ie perpendicular to a (horizontal) horizon.

Is this approach wrong?

pp

Approach wrong not at all, just a matter of perception and preference. I did a edit with alignment on the ducks bill for straighten reference point for comparison and preference analysis.
    As always others input is always welcome, thank you Paul
    I did not clone out some random feathers that were in frame
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2013
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    ... just a matter of perception and preference...

Indeed - can't argue with that, as some / many / all would say that subjectivity and individual expression etc in this game is what it's all about :)

As I frequently find myself in situations with images that have few (if any) external environment clues re horizon, I wondered about approaches other than those I currently use, to level images (assuming that's what I want :) )

pp