Options

T&I help needed

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited November 6, 2005 in Technique
I've been asked to do some youth basketball T&I's. With baseball/softball I've used the field as my background. Since basketball is indoors (under poor lighting) I'm wondering what is the best way to set up and what to use as a background. Don't want to use a block wall and I'm affraid if I backoff far enough for the goal to be in view the background would be too dark anyway.

Considered getting a basketball scenic backgound but I've never used one. Do they look cheesy? Best place to get one? How do you get the floor and background blended? What size is needed?

Any advise is appreciated.
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Cheesy? ne_nau.gif I dunno
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Cheesy? ne_nau.gif I dunno
    Just wondering if parents like this type photo.

Would you get one big enough for the players to stand on?

Thanks for the reply,
    Greg
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    Little League Photography
    Bodley wrote:
    Just wondering if parents like this type photo.

Would you get one big enough for the players to stand on?

Thanks for the reply,
    Greg

Trev's last year T-ball photo was in front of a fake backdrop - it looks fake, but not cheezy, if that helps?

(I bogarted this from behind the photographer ... yeah I also orderd $50 worth of cards, plaques, and other stuff!)

43347202-L.jpg
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2005
    For the high school team I coach the photog has the kids kneel in the center circle at halfcourt with their backs to the bleachers. Then uses a shallow DOF to blur the bleachers but still give a feeling of being in the gym.

For the team photo he has the tallest kid in the middle with the other kids forming a semi curved line and the coaches on the end. The smaller kids kneel on the floor with basketballs as props.

Hope this helps,

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com