Options

Baby Annual/My First

SilpionSilpion Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited December 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi All,

This is my first post here so please be gentle. I have recently setup a Smugmug page and so far very happy with the way it looks. We are expecting our first little one in about a month (29days not that i am counting) and i wanted a place where i could upload all of our photo's which is a little more private that facebook as this way i have a bit more control on who has access (passwords etc..)

I have setup various galleries and these are working perfectly but i also have a page setup which i want to be a Baby Album with things like, my first steps, my first smile etc... but the layout and setup of the page is what i am struggling with and wondered if you could help?

I like the layout of the official Peter Rabbit book and whilst i am not looking to copy the brand the layout is quite nice (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Peter-Rabbit-Baby-Book/dp/0723256837)

Any help or examples/inspiration you can offer would be great,

Rich
www.ourwildworld.com
Th4t 1s a C4ctu$ → ψ

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,253 moderator
    edited November 28, 2013
    You could easily build a page with different content elements on it, maybe a combination of photos and text. If you can list what you want on the page someone can suggest how it can be constructed.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2013
    Thanks, at the moment my site is quiet clinical, I would like a photo or a video accompanying some text for instance

Capture.PNG

The problem as you will notice is that the page looks horrible and not inviting at all. I was wondering if i could add a faint colour to this one page and then each of the text items could actually be images i have designed in Photoshop. This way i could add background and text place holders.

I have made a quick mock up of what i am looking to get to, if possible, the pictures and text is all made up,

I guess it should be possible, first thing is how do i change the background of a single page leaving the home page and other pages alone?

Example-Annual.png
    Th4t 1s a C4ctu$ → ψ
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2013
    Hi there

You can do all of what you describe. The background color is controlled by the 'theme' of the page. It's possible to edit the theme page by page.

In the customize panel, make sure 'just this page' is highlighted. Then, click on the theme tab, and you can change your background color and font color there.

You can use graphics - upload them into a gallery as images, then add single image blocks to the page. Select the images to display. Those blocks (any blocks) can line up one under another or side by side, and be interspersed with multiple photo blocks or text, or anything you'd like.

We have several examples on school.smugmug.com. Each article there is a page, and each has a different arrangement of content blocks.

Hope that helps.

ann
    Silpion wrote: »
    Thanks, at the moment my site is quiet clinical, I would like a photo or a video accompanying some text for instance

Capture.PNG

The problem as you will notice is that the page looks horrible and not inviting at all. I was wondering if i could add a faint colour to this one page and then each of the text items could actually be images i have designed in Photoshop. This way i could add background and text place holders.

I have made a quick mock up of what i am looking to get to, if possible, the pictures and text is all made up,

I guess it should be possible, first thing is how do i change the background of a single page leaving the home page and other pages alone?

Example-Annual.png
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2013
    thanks for the update, that makes sense and i can see the settings needed. As always every good answers delivers another annoying question :)

I have created the browse page with one main gallery at the top and a set of galleries underneath. I was wondering if it's possible to centre the images on both but i still want to keep the breadcrumb and top bar full size.

I just can't see where the setting is, under the layout setting for the page it is set to stretchy and if i set this to fixed width i then get an option of centre but this also centres the breadcrumb bar across the top.

Oh and as always - http://www.ourwildworld.com/browse
    Th4t 1s a C4ctu$ → ψ
  • Options
    ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2013
    Silpion wrote: »
    thanks for the update, that makes sense and i can see the settings needed. As always every good answers delivers another annoying question :)

I have created the browse page with one main gallery at the top and a set of galleries underneath. I was wondering if it's possible to centre the images on both but i still want to keep the breadcrumb and top bar full size.

I just can't see where the setting is, under the layout setting for the page it is set to stretchy and if i set this to fixed width i then get an option of centre but this also centres the breadcrumb bar across the top.

Oh and as always - http://www.ourwildworld.com/browse

I can't be much of a help on this it's a little bit of beyond my skills. I just want you to know this is such an amazing idea, as a first time dad myself this idea of yours really appeals to me. It's such a great way to share with family and friends what your baby is doing. I am personally trying to do a photo a day so far only missing one day, not really caring if it's taking with my iPhone or my Dslr. Anyways sorry to steer away from your questions I just wanted to tell you how amazing this idea is.