Options

Missing Customisations.

SilpionSilpion Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited December 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi All,

I was getting quite stressed this week with setting up my first SmugMug site but once i noticed their were different forums for legacy and the new version i finally found all your helpful links and common customisations. So thanks!

I have tried to find these few customisations but either i am crap at looking or no one has asked yet. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great. btw - i love copy paste CSS/HTML :D

- How to hide an entire site item from one page? i have social icons on my left side bar but i want to hide these on my About us page only.

- Somehow i have got the login button to appear on my right side bar on the home page but on the gallary it's on the bottom right corner. Any ideas how i have messed up the homepage?

- I only have a few galleries but how do i make sure their is a download button underneath the main image when using SmugMug view for visitors. This is a family website to share pictures and will be looked with a password so not worried about people stealing the images. (SOLVED)

- I have used the full screen Slideshow for my home page, is it possible set a single image to cover every other page? as when i change background under theme it messes with the homepage. couldn't see this in common customisations.

- How to add hover colour to buttons when looking at SmugMug gallery setup. Buttons like download, like, info etc...

- How to set the width/height of the Comments box under image in SmugMug Gallery.

- How to change colour of comments box under image in SmugMug gallery. (SOLVED)

- How to edit the layout and text of a 404 error on your domain. swear i have seen this somewhere in the last week. (SOLVED)

I hope that's it, any help with the above questions would be great

Rich
Th4t 1s a C4ctu$ → ψ

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,253 moderator
    edited December 7, 2013
    Silpion wrote: »
    - I only have a few galleries but how do i make sure their is a download button underneath the main image when using SmugMug view for visitors. This is a family website to share pictures and will be looked with a password so not worried about people stealing the images.

- How to edit the layout and text of a 404 error on your domain. swear i have seen this somewhere in the last week.
    A download button will only show if you have Originals enabled in your galleries. I believe you also need to disable right click protection.

If you'd like to make the functions of the buttons more obvious you can add text with Lamah's customization at http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Large-photo-download-buttons.

To edit your 404 page, enter an invalid URL for your site when you are logged in to smug. That will trigger the 404 page to display. Once it is shown you can customize it.

--- Denise
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,253 moderator
    edited December 7, 2013
    - How to change colour of comments box under image in SmugMug gallery.
    Add this to your CSS:
    .sm-form-field.sm-form-field-textarea { background-color: #DB70DB !important; }

Change the color as desired. If you need hex color codes this is the page I usually use - http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    Hi All,

- How to edit the layout and text of a 404 error on your domain. swear i have seen this somewhere in the last week.

I hope that's it, any help with the above questions would be great

Rich

This is the only one I can answer.
    Make your page break with a bogus URL, like, www.mydomain.com/bogus

When the 404 pages comes up, click the customize site, and make the page separate.

I love copy/paste CSS/HTML too. :D
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    All those are now in place, i'm getting closer to a finished site. Thanks again
    Th4t 1s a C4ctu$ → ψ
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2013
    This is kind of a bump but i have changed the colour of the background for the comments box as suggested but the text colour is also the same, any ideas how to change that? also as our Baby boy was born yesterday this website has gone live quicker than originally thought
    Th4t 1s a C4ctu$ → ψ
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited December 12, 2013
    adding this to your CSS should work for you:

.sm-form-field-textarea {
    color: red !important;
    }

You'll probably want to change that color to something else then red though.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Smug Eric wrote: »
    adding this to your CSS should work for you:

.sm-form-field-textarea {
    }

You'll probably want to change that color to something else then red though.
    Be aware that this code also changes the text colour in the Contact Form, and in the Caption and Keyword input areas in Tools > Edit > Photo Details, and probably other places too!
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2013
    Add this to your CSS:
    .sm-form-field.sm-form-field-textarea { background-color: #DB70DB !important; }

Change the color as desired. If you need hex color codes this is the page I usually use - http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html.

--- Denise
    Be aware that this code also changes the text background colour in the Contact Form, and in the Caption and Keyword input areas in Tools > Edit > Photo Details, and probably other places too!
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited December 12, 2013
    beardedgit is right. This should just change the comment form text:

.sm-comment-add-form .sm-form-field-textarea {
    }
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2013
    Smug Eric wrote: »
    beardedgit is right. This should just change the comment form text:

.sm-comment-add-form .sm-form-field-textarea {
    }

Yup, that's better, Eric thumb.gif

What selector(s) would I use to adapt that to work only on the Contact Form?