Options

Photo centering in Slideshow view

corinoscorinos Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited December 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all,

I have been working lately on transitioning to the new Smugmug design. I incorporated a fair bit of CSS code to customize my website (www.orinosphotography.com). However, somewhere on the way it seems that I messed up with the alignment of the photo in the full screen slideshow view. For example if your click on the orange Slideshow button in this gallery: http://www.orinosphotography.com/Photo-Exhibit/Places/New-York/i-BXDkJMq, you will see that the photo hangs from the top of the screen.

If I remove all my CSS code, the problem is solved, leaving a centered photo in Slideshow view. Some class/setting interferes with that image placement but I cannot find which.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2013
    corinos wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been working lately on transitioning to the new Smugmug design. I incorporated a fair bit of CSS code to customize my website (www.orinosphotography.com). However, somewhere on the way it seems that I messed up with the alignment of the photo in the full screen slideshow view. For example if your click on the orange Slideshow button in this gallery: http://www.orinosphotography.com/Photo-Exhibit/Places/New-York/i-BXDkJMq, you will see that the photo hangs from the top of the screen.

If I remove all my CSS code, the problem is solved, leaving a centered photo in Slideshow view. Some class/setting interferes with that image placement but I cannot find which.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Chris
    This is what that is pinning the slideshow to the top. Might try to add a specific to only apply in the gallery.
    /* Ensure the top of the selected photo is aligned with the thubmanils */
    .sm-tile-single.sm-tiles-uncropped .sm-tile-wrapper {
      margin-top: 0px !important;
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2013
    Thanks Allen,

After second thoughts I decided it would be better to remove the slideshow altogether; both the orange (on my customization) button on the 'gallery' view and the grey "play" button on the 'lightbox' view.

Is there a way this could be implemented?

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2013
    Any ideas on removing the slideshow capability?
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2013
    Any ideas on removing the slideshow capability?
    To scrub the orange slideshow button use this in an "All Galleries" CSS content block:
    /* Hide Gallery "Slideshow" buttons */
    .sm-gallery-slideshow-button, .sm-tiles-vertical .sm-gallery-slideshow-button{
      display: none
    }

To scrub the grey "play" button in Lightbox go to Customize > Gallery Settings > Appearance and set "Slideshow" to "OFF". You can bulk-scrub in Organizer too - Organizer > select multiple galleries > Settings > Appearance > activate "Slideshow" > OFF.

bulkgallerysettings.jpg
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2013
    Brilliant beardedgit! Thanks for your detailed reply.
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    Brilliant beardedgit! Thanks for your detailed reply.
    Happy to help thumb.gif

There's another way to scrub the lightbox "play" button - see Lamah's suggestion at http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1924197&postcount=28 - maybe that would be more suitable for your needs?
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!