Options

Confusion about page with multiple photos

keithmtxkeithmtx Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited December 16, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I recently completed an event photo shoot and made the photo gallery available to attendees with password access. I wanted to share the gallery photos with the general public without download access. First I tried Create: Page and drug on a slideshow that pulled from the password protected gallery. This appears to work for the general public.

Then I decided I would rather replace the slideshow with a Multiple photos block that pulled from the gallery with the setting set so that clicking on a photo would not take you to the gallery . (none) This does not display any photos for a Mac Safari or Firefox access to the page but DOES display the photos for some one use Chrome on the mac.

Is there a way to make the photo collage display method work for the general public?

Here is a test page displaying the problem
http://keithm.smugmug.com/Temp2

keith

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    Your test page is actually missing a slideshow widget at the moment, you might need to republish it.

I can reproduce this on my site.

To me it looks like multiple photos and slideshow blocks should either both be working, or neither of them should, since both slideshows and multiple photo blocks get given exactly the same security credentials for loading images from the password protected gallery (albumid / albumkey / nodeid). However, only the slideshow block can successfully load images from the passworded gallery (both were set to use "single gallery" as the source).

However, even if it were working properly, it wouldn't solve your download-access issue. If someone can see the photo in a Multiple Photos block or a Slideshow block, that means that they have access to see the photo at its maximum display size, which is constrained by the setting in the gallery it is actually stored in (so, for your situation that would always be Original size). Your visitors could download the full size originals by editing the "X3" in the URL of the images to "O".

You can display those images in a collage by creating a new Gallery (rather than a Page), then in the settings, add Smart Rules to load the images from the passworded gallery. Enter the customiser, and click "make this gallery custom" (if you haven't already). Now drop a CSS block onto the page with this content in order to hide the download button:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-button-image-download,
    #ImageSizeO {
    	display:none !important;
    }

As mentioned earlier though, your visitors could edit the URL of images in order to grab the Original/Download size version.