Options

How to tell which images are virtual ina gallery?

synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited December 16, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I'm looking at a gallery in the organizer. It says the gallery is smart. I happen to know that a few of the images were uploaded from lightroom, while the rest were gathered through the smart rules. I used to be able to tell which was which only by going through the gallery photo by photo and seeing which ones had a message telling me I could click here to see it in the original gallery.

When I look at the same gallery in the new smugmug, not only is there no clue anywhere as to which came from a rule and which have originals in that gallery, but the rules that the settings show me are total nonsense. See attached image. On galleries that contain only virtual images, the rules seem to be correct -- but still no clue as to the location of the original.

How can I tell if a gallery has a combination of virtual and original photos in it?

How can I find out which gallery the original came from?
Brandon Smith
http://redwoodtwig.com
Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.

Comments

• Options
    3PCo3PCo Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    I use two tricks for this. I don't know if there is a better way, but it seems to me that SM presently fails badly at providing information about uploaded files in any convenient form.
    1. In Smugmug style galleries (but not any others) you will see From Sourcename at the lower left corner of the enlarged image. If htere is no source name then it is not a collected image.
    2. In the Organizer, if a selected image within a gallery is collected, the trash can at the top will be greyed. If it is lit up, the selected image is not collected.
    Cheers!
    af