Options

Difficulty with Logo/Navbar

RyanYamadaRyanYamada Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited December 17, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

I'm currently customizing my new SM site and have run into a few problems in the final stages before I go public.

Template: Spartan

1) I decided that I wanted to upload a logo on the top of my navbar (see attached picture for reference). However, despite how much I crop the top or the bottom of the logo (the png file is as tight to the logo as possible), there still exists a large gap above and below the logo. This space, especially at the bottom, pushes my links down on the page and because I'm at 'fixed', it cuts a few of my links off entirely. I've tried to use the Inspect Element, but am not sure how to incorporate a changed code as the 'Logo' option doesn't have much customizing. I've also tried to move the position around using smugmugs 'Left/Right, etc', but that doesn't do much.

2) Using Spartan (or any template with a navbar, I suppose), is there any way to move the navbar's position around - i.e. move it all the way against the left side of the page? I was looking at a few other template options (specifically Dina), but I don't want to completely start from scratch again as I've put some serious hours into this customization.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    Hi Ryan,

1) The Spartan template has a bottom margin applied to that logo content block of 100px, which probably accounts for the gap you're seeing. To adjust it, enter the Customize Site tool and select your Entire Site template. From there, when you hover over the logo content block, you should see 4 icons, click the one that looks like a drafting triangle and it will bring up a dialog that allows you to adjust the margins for that block. Just change the default bottom margin to whatever you like and you'll be able to close the gap you're seeing between the logo and navigation menu content blocks.

2) While you're still there on the Entire Site template of the Customize tool, hover over the navigation menu content block and click on the wrench icon, that will open a dialog that allows you to adjust a lot of the options of the menu. The second option should be Alignment and should already be set to Center. Just change that to Left and your links will move to the left.

Hope that helps! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos