Options

Teething Issues

SaltscarSaltscar Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited December 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Good Evening folks,

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas season so far!

Well, I signed up for Smugmug Pro around a year ago, I think! I got a new job around July time and since then I have been working out of the country alot so my website has 'gone to the dogs', sort of speak. I logged on for the first time in ages afew days ago, ready and primed to do a mass update and found that a complete new smugmug had been rolled out. Which looks great might I add! I have taken a liking to the new Sierra layout, very thought out whilst showcasing a nice simplicity about it. However (here we go), I cannot seem to suss out how to change the background image, the one of the mountains, I am presuming this image can actually be swapped out? Also, the changes I am making do not appear to be saving, once I come back after afew hours and log back I am literally back to square one, all the links have disappeared and the text has been set back to default?

Many thanks for your time, he who dares respond!

Cheers, Nathan.

Comments

• Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Saltscar wrote: »
    Good Evening folks,

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas season so far!

Well, I signed up for Smugmug Pro around a year ago, I think! I got a new job around July time and since then I have been working out of the country alot so my website has 'gone to the dogs', sort of speak. I logged on for the first time in ages afew days ago, ready and primed to do a mass update and found that a complete new smugmug had been rolled out. Which looks great might I add! I have taken a liking to the new Sierra layout, very thought out whilst showcasing a nice simplicity about it. However (here we go), I cannot seem to suss out how to change the background image, the one of the mountains, I am presuming this image can actually be swapped out? Also, the changes I am making do not appear to be saving, once I come back after afew hours and log back I am literally back to square one, all the links have disappeared and the text has been set back to default?

Many thanks for your time, he who dares respond!

Cheers, Nathan.

You need to make sure you are publishing your changes. If you are still on the old system while you work on it, the publish button looks scary. Its not actually going to cut your site over until you click unveil. Thats probably what is happening with your changes.

Its easier for everyone to help once you have actually moved over because we cant see your new site until you do.

As for changing the image you need to edit the theme and change the background in there
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2013
    You sir, are a hero!
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2013
    Hello again,

Another daft question for those boffins amoungst you all. I have tried adding one these keyword clouds to my home page, I have allowed a 200 word limit and I have managed to get it to appear on the home page. However, the only keyword that its displaying is 'slideshow', which is the one I am using on my old/current site for the those photos in the slideshow. I have added new keywords to plenty of images and changed the scope to 'Entire Site', however I still just get the one word floating around.

Many thanks, again!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Saltscar wrote: »
    Hello again,

Another daft question for those boffins amoungst you all. I have tried adding one these keyword clouds to my home page, I have allowed a 200 word limit and I have managed to get it to appear on the home page. However, the only keyword that its displaying is 'slideshow', which is the one I am using on my old/current site for the those photos in the slideshow. I have added new keywords to plenty of images and changed the scope to 'Entire Site', however I still just get the one word floating around.

Many thanks, again!
    Have you unveiled your new site? If not click "go to legacy" at the top and to this page.
    /keyword
    All your public keywords should show on that page. If logged in you'll even have the ones
    in unlisted and passworded galleries in the list.
    In new smug you can go to the same page but only a max of 255 will show.

On my legacy site I drug my mouse down all the keywords to highlight them, copied and
    saved it in a text file for future reference. As it is now you'll never see a complete list
    again after unveiling unless smug fixes the count.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2013
    Morning,

Thanks for that! I have'nt yet unvailed my site as its not ready, so I take it the keyword cloud is no good until its fully published?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited December 18, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    As it is now you'll never see a complete list again after unveiling unless smug fixes the count.
    I'm still hoping that smug fixes this but in the meantime I'm using Lamah's extended keyword list code - http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Keyword-limit.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2013
    Bingo! It looks like it has come to life!