[Fixed] Hey in all seriousness, fix the f'n iPad app.

InterludeInterlude Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited January 15, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Smugmug is a great but not inexpensive site. It is beyond the pale that the iPad app has not worked for several months now. It still straigt-out crashes the second you open it. Pretty please, with sugar on top, fix the f'n app.

Comments

• TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2012
    We've made sure this information was passed on to Product Management. :)

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • InterludeInterlude Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited November 22, 2012
    Kevin I appreciate the quick response but what's up with the =) ? I'm sure you folks are aware of the problem, or at least, you should be. With 455 ratings the app has 2 stars with the top reviews complaining that it just plumb crashes the second you click on it. Perhaps there is a redesign in the works, which is also needed, but it should not take months to fix a login issue.
  • skipwilliamsskipwilliams Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2012
    Also frustrated at the lack of REAL iPad fix timeline
    I've been using SmugMug for NINE years, certainly one of your longest customers, paying all the time. The iPad app was great until it broke.....I'd be willing to pay, but having it ignored is pretty lame.

If you aren't going to update it or give any sort of timeline, then delete the app from the app store or post an update on the iTunes store that says the app has been orphaned. To continue on the current trajectory is very poor customer service.

Skip Williams
    skipwilliams.smugmug.com

We've made sure this information was passed on to Product Management. :)

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    Please, please, when you sync a gallery only the new photos should have to be downloaded.
    It's nuts to add one picture to a gallery and have to download hundreds of pictures again to sync the gallery.

And it keeps loosing the wi-fi connection!

Thanks,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • InterludeInterlude Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 12, 2012
    Dennis, it's nice that you're even able to connect to a gallery. For most people, the app crashes just as soon as you try to open it.
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    They're to busy working on Camera Awesome. An app I never use. SmugWallet was a great app. Just give us that but for iPad.
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • beqbeq Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    Is SmugMug working on this in-house, or contracting out to a developer? Would like to know where the hold-up is...
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    Hi All,

We do have a team of mobile engineers who are working on the iPad crash issue, and I assure you, it is a top priority. We are hoping to have a fix soon, though the App Store review process make it unpredictable when we might be able to offer it. I will personally update this forum and each one of you individually as soon as the update is released.

In the meantime, I can suggest something that worked for me. Last night, I uninstalled the app, and then reinstalled, and for the last 24 hours, the SmugMug iPad app been working without a hitch. If you do try this, please be sure to let me know if it worked for you.
  • JimPR4JimPR4 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2012
    Uninstalling and re-installing hasn't helped at all for me, I've been unable to use the app for months which has been a major inconvenience since offline access to galleries was a very useful feature. The lack of attention to this issue along with the disappointing price increase and general feeling that SM has fallen behind the curve will have me looking seriously at Zenfolio over the next couple of months. This is very disappointing after several years of positive experience with the company.

Here is a thread I posted about this two months ago. http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=227533&highlight=ipad
    edited December 18, 2012
    JimPR4 wrote: »
    Uninstalling and re-installing hasn't helped at all for me, I've been unable to use the app for months which has been a major inconvenience since offline access to galleries was a very useful feature. The lack of attention to this issue along with the disappointing price increase and general feeling that SM has fallen behind the curve will have me looking seriously at Zenfolio over the next couple of months. This is very disappointing after several years of positive experience with the company.

Here is a thread I posted about this two months ago. http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=227533&highlight=ipad

Jim, I do apologize. I understand your point of view, as I as well use the iPad app for showing clients my portfolio on the go. I can tell you this is a very high priority, and the mobile engineers are making sure this is complete before moving onto other projects. I will make sure to personally notify you the second that the app is available on the App Store.

Michael
  • JimPR4JimPR4 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    I just installed the update and it's working! Thanks!
    edited December 28, 2012
    JimPR4 wrote: »
    I just installed the update and it's working! Thanks!

Man, you are quick! I didn't even get to post the good news yet. :)

For those who DON'T know, the SmugMug iPad app update has hit the App Store. The main update takes care of the crashing that some users experienced.

Get it while it's hot!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smugmug/id364894061?mt=8
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    I was frustrated with this app for the last year. I sold the iPad yesterday.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2013
    I thought you all were Apple fanboys. Where is a functioning SM app for iPad? One that doesn't immediately close after entering password.
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • SVFocusSVFocus Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2013
    The app hasn't worked properly for me in all the time I've been on SmugMug. Between it and unresolved problems with the new site, I have to question why I bother to continually renew my membership.
  • phl0wphl0w Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 25, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Man, you are quick! I didn't even get to post the good news yet. :)

For those who DON'T know, the SmugMug iPad app update has hit the App Store. The main update takes care of the crashing that some users experienced.

Get it while it's hot!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smugmug/id364894061?mt=8

Would be great if it wasn't exclusive to the US store... All links from the smugmug site to the app direct you to the fr***ing US App Store. In European stores like Germany it doesn't show up, unless it's not called smugmug...
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2013
    phl0w wrote: »
    Would be great if it wasn't exclusive to the US store... All links from the smugmug site to the app direct you to the fr***ing US App Store. In European stores like Germany it doesn't show up, unless it's not called smugmug...
    The post you replied to is a year old. The SmugMug iPad app isn't available in the app store at this point. As soon as a new version is available, it'll be back in the app store.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • phl0wphl0w Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 28, 2013
    The post you replied to is a year old. The SmugMug iPad app isn't available in the app store at this point. As soon as a new version is available, it'll be back in the app store.

Thanks for the heads up. Why then hasn't the page with the link been taken down?
    edited January 13, 2014
    Hi guys, we revamped our iOS app and it hit the app store today! PLEASE provide comments and feedbacks in the following thread

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=244435
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    I wouldn't label this as "fixed" yet. The new app still doesn't work properly for many of us.
    edited January 15, 2014
    [Fixed] Hey in all seriousness, fix the f'n iPad app.
    This is A thread that discusses an outdated app. The app is completely new and redesigned using no code from the old one. Whether it works perfectly or not is not the question. This thread is done. Please chime in with any issues that you have in the announcement thread in the product news forum