Options

Search produces multiple copies of images

GolfnutGolfnut Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited December 29, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have added keywords and descriptions and headlines and filenames that have, for example, words like "Flatirons" (for the Boulder Flatirons). When I do a site Search using the SmugMug Search, every time a photo has the word Flatirons in it, another copy of that photo ends up in the search results.

Is there a way to have the search results only display one copy of the image?

www.arrowphotos2.smugmug.com Try searching for Flatirons to see what I mean.

Thanks,
Charles

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    Golfnut wrote: »
    I have added keywords and descriptions and headlines and filenames that have, for example, words like "Flatirons" (for the Boulder Flatirons). When I do a site Search using the SmugMug Search, every time a photo has the word Flatirons in it, another copy of that photo ends up in the search results.

Is there a way to have the search results only display one copy of the image?

www.arrowphotos2.smugmug.com Try searching for Flatirons to see what I mean.

Thanks,
    Charles

Your site link is a broken page.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2013
    Site Link
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Your site link is a broken page.

Sorry about that. Just during the last hour I updated my website to my original website name prior to moving to SmugMug.

www.arrowphotos.com

Regards,
    Charles
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2013
    I'm not techy enough to solve this, but I do see this much.
    I checked one set of the duplicates and they have different paths:

This one, you do not have right-click protect turned on, so I see the photo detail:
    http://www.arrowphotos.com/Boulder/i-bvVZwww/0/L/ColoradoFlatironsSunset5309-L.jpg

They appear to be two different photos in two locations, because I see I can "collect" both of them. (So one is not already collected.)

Maybe this will give you enough info on the organization of your site to figure this out.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2013
    I just realized you already know all of that. {rolls eyes}.
    So - I don't know! is the answer to your original question.
    Probably not. Hopefully someone who knows how to read and has an answer will chime in.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I just realized you already know all of that. {rolls eyes}.
    So - I don't know! is the answer to your original question.
    Probably not. Hopefully someone who knows how to read and has an answer will chime in.

Actually you make a very good point and a new clue to the problem. My old website had pages like "www.arrowphotos.com/Boulder" but in my new site, I have added a level of hierarchy. So the new Boulder page is located at "www.arrowphotos.com/Colorado/Boulder"

For those people with links to my old website, I added a page without the hierarchy so they wouldn't get a bad link.

Now I see this contributes to the multiple search results. I guess one way to fix this is to remove the keywords on the page that doesn't have the hierarchy.

You have helped alot!
    Thanks,
    Charels
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2013
    So, I went into "ORGANIZE" and set the "SmugMug Search" to NO, but the SmugMug SEARCH still finds them.
    Is there something else I need to do to make it so certain galleries and pages do NOT get the SmugMug Search?