Options

Text block formatting problem

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited December 31, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I am unable to edit text in a text block to change one line of text to a header and the other paragraph to normal at 20px. Each time I try, the entire content reverts to only one of those choices. I haven't had this problem before.

Yes, other problems, like separate paragraphs collapsing into one, losing double line spaces, but this is new.

I solved the problem for the moment by placing 2 text blocks in order to force the formatting.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 22, 2013
    Another option to replace misbehaving text blocks is to use an HTML block instead. I've had better luck with those (although your HTML must be syntactically correct or you will see it "disappear").

--- Denise
  • Options
    smlsml Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2013
    Another option to replace misbehaving text blocks is to use an HTML block instead. I've had better luck with those (although your HTML must be syntactically correct or you will see it "disappear").

--- Denise

What if you don't know HTML code? Is there a simple plug in somewhere that will translate plain text, for example?
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2013
    sml wrote: »
    What if you don't know HTML code? Is there a simple plug in somewhere that will translate plain text, for example?
    I've been using an online tool for this kind of stuff, maybe it'll be of use to you: http://www.textfixer.com/html/
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    I've been using an online tool for this kind of stuff, maybe it'll be of use to you: http://www.textfixer.com/html/

That is GREAT! I just used it.
    Thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    I think I have a similar issue now as the OP. That is, I want to take my existing logo/header and change it to two lines. However, I want to keep the same size, font, color, etc. as I now have.
    I suppose what I probably need is something that will (or can!) "translate" the existing text so that I can cut and paste it into a HTML content block to replace the existing "logo" block...where the text currently is placed.
    Any suggestions?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 31, 2013
    sml wrote: »
    I think I have a similar issue now as the OP. That is, I want to take my existing logo/header and change it to two lines. However, I want to keep the same size, font, color, etc. as I now have.
    I suppose what I probably need is something that will (or can!) "translate" the existing text so that I can cut and paste it into a HTML content block to replace the existing "logo" block...where the text currently is placed.
    Any suggestions?
    Have you tried changing the width of the logo block? Click on the dimensions triangle and change the percentage (bottom entry).

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    Have you tried changing the width of the logo block? Click on the dimensions triangle and change the percentage (bottom entry).

--- Denise

Nope....not doin' the trick.
    i tried to make it into a logo using Photoshop, but "Maven Pro" is not an available font...not even in the Creative Cloud. Then I tried adding an HTML block, but I'm VERY weak on HTML at this point.
    I guess I'll leave it as it is until I "learn" more.
    Thanks.