Options

Folders Pages and Galleries oh my - migration from old smugmug

crocknycrockny Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited December 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm having trouble figuring out what's going wrong here - in the old smugmug I had broad categories that contained folders and galleries. I've decided to separate everything out so all gallery thumbnails can be seen at once instead of having people click through ... this has worked great with everything except the Birds gallery which was so extensive I made it a separate folder with multiple galleries (it was a folder with multiple galleries before) ...

http://untamednewyork.smugmug.com/Birds

But ... the first gallery (Bluebirds) is not looking right and has no options under customize to change the theme etc. All the others seem to be fine except my CSS code that worked on my other galleries page is not working for them ...

I also have some writing that I want to delete but can't access!

Help!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    Turn "hide owner" off for the Bluebird gallery.

I would not pin your email to the left, it takes up a lot of horizontal space.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    Wow - I never would have figured that out - thanks!

I'm trying to make the thumbnails smaller but when I go into customize and try to click on the block with the thumbnails it says "this area reserved for default SmugMug content" - what's up with that?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    crockny wrote: »

I'm trying to make the thumbnails smaller but when I go into customize and try to click on the block with the thumbnails it says "this area reserved for default SmugMug content" - what's up with that?
    Go to customize > gallery settings.
    The only control you have for the gallery display is in there.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013

Along with what Allen said, those reserved for SM default sections, contain the photos you uploaded (so gallery display choice applies), and the gallery description. You delete or modify that via the route he said, customize > gallery settings.
    Or, in Organize mode, click a gallery and then the wrench for settings will get you to the same place.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Along with what Allen said, those reserved for SM default sections, contain the photos you uploaded (so gallery display choice applies), and the gallery description. You delete or modify that via the route he said, customize > gallery settings.
    Or, in Organize mode, click a gallery and then the wrench for settings will get you to the same place.

On my other galleries I used CSS code to make more columns and smaller thumbnails etc. This is not working on the individual bird galleries and I can't figure out why ... and I can't choose the wrench because the box seems to be reserved for smugmug default!
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    On my other galleries I used CSS code to make more columns and smaller thumbnails etc. This is not working on the individual bird galleries and I can't figure out why ... and I can't choose the wrench because the box seems to be reserved for smugmug default!

The wrench I referred to, is in the Organize mode. It becomes accessible when you click on an individual gallery on the left side. But this wrench is not the same as the wrench on a content block you see in Customize Site mode. You can't modify anything in that state (when the block says locked for SM content).

Some gallery styles have limits as to what you can change. Is Birds a different gallery style than the others?

Someone with more experience on changing what you want via CSS will need to chime in.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    This is what seems to be the problem - I think. These galleries were migrated over from legacy smugmug and put into the template "Dina". I have recently done a lot of tweaking since then. When I separated out birds, the main bird gallery worked well, but the individual bird galleries seem to go into some other kind of container ... it's not the type of gallery you get by dragging the galleries content block, because when I do that it says "no galleries found" ... the photos are blocked from access being in a container that says "reserved for default smugmug content" - I have no idea what kind of container this is. So that is why the CSS code is not working - the code references normal galleries ...