Options

I'm getting close....

OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 1, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I have a format problem.

I would like my navbar on the left, my logo "Eddie Hade - Art & Photography" in the middle and the links to Twitter, FB, and G+ on the right and I would like them to all be on the same line.

I know how to align the individual items using the default dialog boxes, but when I'm done I can't figure out how to arrange them into a single line across the top of my page.

I've tried using the "move" icon but things don't go where I want them too. I've also tried the "Layout" tab.

I hope I don't have to use some fancy code to accomplish this. Code gives me headaches :scratch

Here is what it looks like today.... http://www.hadephoto.com/

Thanks for any and all advice.
Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 31, 2013
    You need to set the size of the boxes for those items so they don't extend across the entire window, then you need to drag them into place side by side. In my experience that can be a bit tricky (although it should be simple...).

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    Thanks Denise, but I'm still lost.
    My Slideshow and Social icons (set to "Homepage") have an option to re-size, and I have done that, but my Navbar and Logo (set to appear on Entire Site) do not have the re-size option available.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    OhEddie wrote: »
    Thanks Denise, but I'm still lost.
    My Slideshow and Social icons (set to "Homepage") have an option to re-size, and I have done that, but my Navbar and Logo (set to appear on Entire Site) do not have the re-size option available.

If you want the Navbar and Logo to also appear on the homepage, and you have the homepage set to be separate, you will need to add them again to the home page. (Then in the future if you change one of them on entire site, you will also have to change it on homepage.) After you do that you should be able to set the container widths for all of them in both places (entire site and homepage).
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    Thank you Mr. Rat

Once I figured out the Homepage vs Entire Site thing I was able to set my container widths and I think I'm looking pretty good now. Watcha think?

http://www.hadephoto.com/

• Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    It's Ms. Rat. :D
    I like it!
    However, the menu font color - in this image which is the first photo to appear, it's not really visible. I was going to say make it white like the center name font color, but on later images, those have bright white, and then the center font content disappears. I'm not really sure what you need to do for color. Maybe experiment with a very distinct color such as blue?
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    Sorry, wrong image! Laughing.gif!
    I can't figure out how to delete it either. :D

Here's the right one.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2014
    Thank you "Ms." Rat.

When you don't know something it just all seems so confusing.
    After you figure it out, you're like, "That was so simple, how did I not figure that out sooner" "Doh!"

Thanks gain for your help.