Options

Help needed: Smaller font for "Social Link"

TerenceYamTerenceYam Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited January 3, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi Smugmug friends,

I am a part-time photographer shooting sports and documentary for magazines and events. Happy to be here and thanks Smugmug for the new customization tools. They are great.

With my extremely limited programming knowledge (I don't know how to set CSS or complicated HTML code), I am trying to use the customization tools to make my website looks less "unprofessional" :rofl.

It seems to work well, except that the font size (”Follow me on:) above the social media links looks too bad to me. I want to make it look more subtle. However, there is no font size option for the text in that social media link section. (please see below)

Does anyone know how can I make it smaller? If it's not possible, I may simply remove the text and use the buttons only.

Questions:
1. Anyone know how to make the text smaller?
2. If I simply put the buttons there without the text, would you know what that means?
3. Any comments or suggestions to my site are welcome (please note most of the links are inactive now) :bow

My Smugmug URL: http://www.terenceyam.com

i-34D3c3h-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 3, 2014
    I would remove the words if it were my site. In fact I would probably move the social links to the footer. As it is right now it looks like you want to steer folks away from your site.

You should also take a look at your site on different sized devices. There are some cases before the menu collapses automatically where the menu is stacked and overlaps your logo. That's not very professional looking. You can experiment with your site on different device sizes at http://quirktools.com/screenfly.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2014
    If I might be bold to make another observation.
    Your "portfolio" and "gallery" links go to the same page which also seems just to be your home page.
    Not sure about the thinking/logic in this.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 3, 2014
    In addition to the (very good) point made by AceCo55 above, your blog link goes no where. If you have a blog include the link in your menu. If you don't, remove it!

I just tried clicking to each of the galleries shown on your home page. The only one that took me anywhere is "about".

And your "let's talk" link won't work if someone doesn't have an email client set up on their machine.

--- Denise