Options

Please put Edit CSS back at the top of the Advanced tab in Edit theme

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited January 3, 2014 in SmugMug Support
It's a royal pain to have to scroll down to the bottom of the group on that tab to edit it.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 21, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    It's a royal pain to have to scroll down to the bottom of the group on that tab to edit it.
    Oh wow, I'm glad you posted this. I'm not sure I would have found the edit button.

I agree with ChancyRat - edit CSS should be easily accessible. I could argue that it should be a tab and not a button.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2013
    I confess I panicked big-time. Thought it had been removed as an option altogether.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2013
    Denise, if I could pick your brain for 3 seconds, I added borders around my left side bar, but don't know where I did it. Where would I have done that? Lol.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2013
    Denise, if I could pick your brain for 3 seconds, I added borders around my left side bar, but don't know where I did it. Where would I have done that? Lol.
    oh yikes, I'm not sure. I just looked at my menu and I don't see any place where I would have added borders. Did you drag in a CSS element to entire site maybe? Or put it in your theme CSS?

Does using either a Firefox or Chrome developer tool show you the code when you select the element?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2013
    oh yikes, I'm not sure. I just looked at my menu and I don't see any place where I would have added borders. Did you drag in a CSS element to entire site maybe? Or put it in your theme CSS?

Does using either a Firefox or Chrome developer tool show you the code when you select the element?

--- Denise

Sorry I hijacked this thread. Thanks, it was in the homepage CSS block. I had looked there but the text wasn't wrapping so the border content was way out of sight and I didn't look carefully. thanks.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2013

Sometimes I really question the organizational thought processes by the site developers at SM. Who thought that the "edit" button was the least important part of this group?
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2013
    The most used menu item at the bottom.

Seriously?
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2013
    Sometimes I really question the organizational thought processes by the site developers at SM. Who thought that the "edit" button was the least important part of this group?

Today was the first time that I edited my theme's CSS. Who in the heck thought about that? eek7.gif

PUT IT BACK!
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2013
    Can we get a comment from smug on this? Michael?

I believe Custom CSS should be in a separate tab - but if that's not an option it should be at the top of the Advanced tab, not at the bottom where we need to scroll to find it.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2014
    bump for comment from SmugMug!

Edit CSS should either be at the top of the Advanced tab in Edit theme or it should be in a separate tab.

--- Denise
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2014
    bump for comment from SmugMug!

Edit CSS should either be at the top of the Advanced tab in Edit theme or it should be in a separate tab.

--- Denise

I miss the days when Andy moderated this stuff. Sometimes he didn't give a "straight" answer (following the company line) but at least he answered.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2014
    He mentioned to someone recently how they should "just build their own site." Interesting direction I think I'll be checking out. My custom domain is my own right? I can link whatever I want to it, right?
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2014
    Darter02 wrote: »
    He mentioned to someone recently how they should "just build their own site." Interesting direction I think I'll be checking out. My custom domain is my own right? I can link whatever I want to it, right?

Yes. You own your domain, not SM. All Smugmug does is "host" it. By hosting I mean that SM allows you to upload you pictures to SM's server. If you leave SM, your pictures are gone, but you own your domain. You can do what ever you want. In my case, I own the domain and I have two photography sites, one is my Wordpress site, and my other is a sub-domain where my SM site resides.