Options

Nav Bar Font vs Body Text

SaraWildeSaraWilde Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited January 4, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I would like my Nav Bar font to be different than the Body font. Not sure how to customize them separately.

Thanks,
Wilde

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 4, 2014
    I'm not sure what the theme determines to be heading vs. body, but the first thing I would try is to specify the Heading Font and Body Font in your theme. If that doesn't do what you want, post back and someone will help you with the CSS.

--- Denise
  • Options
    SaraWildeSaraWilde Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2014
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    Unfortunately, it includes the nav bars as "Body Font." I wanted something more script-looking for the nav bar, but something simple and easy to read for the body text on the pages. If Nav bar font was under the "Heading Font" category, it would be simple.
    http://www.sarawildestudios.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 4, 2014
    SaraWilde wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it includes the nav bars as "Body Font." I wanted something more script-looking for the nav bar, but something simple and easy to read for the body text on the pages. If Nav bar font was under the "Heading Font" category, it would be simple.
    Try adding this to your CSS after changing the font as desired, either theme or entire page should do it:
    .sm-page-widget-nav-toplink { font-family: 'Arial';}

If you want to use a different font than the fonts you have already specified I believe you will also need leftquark's code for using additional Google fonts - http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Fonts-Links/Google-Fonts.

Are you aware that you can remove the smugmug header and footer? Your site would look much more professional without it. Click Customize... Customize Site... Settings.

--- Denise