Nikon 55mm 1.2 pre-AI, Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 Nikon Mount

Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
edited January 10, 2014 in Nikon Land
BUMP! Reviewing lenses and cameras for SLR Lounge is fun, but eventually I gotta off-load some of this stuff to make room for the next batch of reviews!

PRICE LOWERED
Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 - Nikon Mount - $430, $10 shipping to USA & no added PP fees
Basically new condition. I just took it out of the box and tested it a little bit and that's all. Purchased about a month ago, and I'll include the warranty paper and original receipt if you like!

It will ship in the original box with hood and caps.

I tested this lens to be incredibly sharp wide open; the Rokinon lenses can have some pretty high sample variation so rest assured this one is good to go. The best thing about this lens is that there is zero field curvature and very little coma, in fact far less coma than the Nikon 24 1.4! If you shoot astro landscapes you'll know this affordable little lens is the way to go for the above reasons.

Another awesome thing is that unlike most Nikon Ai-S lenses, this Rokinon is fully chipped so you can even use it with metering and EXIF info on beginner Nikon DSLRs, not just the advanced ones with "oldschool lens compatibility"... You can even control the aperture with your camera command dials, if you wish! And none of your post-production will involve the annoying "F--" EXIF data. :-)
PRICE LOWERED

i-tKdMLsh-L.jpg
i-bj3zdRW-L.jpg
i-NMptDxj-L.jpg

PRICE LOWERD
Nikon 55mm f/1.2 pre-AI - $330, $10 shipping and no extra PP fees - usually sells for $400-500
Clean glass, smooth focus & aperture blades, good condition body with a little bit of a nice worn look on the beautiful metal focus ring.
NOTE: will not work on most pro Nikons that have AIS compatibility, but will work without metering on consumer Nikon DSLRs such as the D5200. (In fact it's perfect for video on any of the Nikon 3xxx and 5xxxx series DSLRs!)
Then of course there's the new DF, which is now compatible with pre-AI lenses! In fact I used the Df specially to test this lenses, and boy it was a glorious experience!
...Or, if you're really interested, I could have the lens AIS converted before selling it.
Tested to be insanely sharp by f/2. F/1.2 is great for general details and portraits but has haloing when focusing on bright lights in dark conditions.
There's no dust or fungus inside. Includes a front cap and this weird dome that encases the entire lens. I think it's really cool for a collector, but if you want I can swap it for a normal rear cap.
PRICE LOWERED

i-4b38M7N-O.jpg
i-Md2ftbW-O.jpg
i-nDqSfZt-O.jpg
i-xhKC7hg-L.jpg

I have one Nikon HN-1 hood that I will ship the above Nikon 55mm. All of the AIS lenses I'm ofering have detached (un-screwed) aperture tab "wings" which I can include, or not. (No Nikon DSLR requires them, so I always take them off when I get an AIS lens)

SOLD - Nikon 35mm f/1.4 AIS - $425 shipped, usually sells for $550-$1,100
Clean glass, smooth focus & aperture blades, good condition body.
Tested to be insanely sharp by f/2. F/1.4 is great for general details and portraits but has haloing when focusing on bright lights in dark conditions.
There's no internal dust or fungus, despite the weird look of some of the visible metal internals. Includes front and rear caps.
SOLD

i-2n529Hd-O.jpg
i-BCHfbrd-M.jpg
i-rjQgXj5-O.jpg
i-sLzNg5J-O.jpg

SOLD - Nikon 24mm f/2 AIS - $100 shipped, usually sells for $600
Severely marked glass; affects image quality, more noticeably if any bright light sources are in the frame. Best image quality is achieved in extremely dark (astronomy) conditions.
Tested to be very sharp wide open at f/2, but again in 99% of shooting conditions image quality is affected. The filter threads are also a little rough and mounting filters is a bit hard.
There's no dust or fungus inside. Includes front and rear caps.
SOLD

SOLD - Nikon D5200 - $450 shipped, usually sells for $650-800
Good condition, just a few thousand clicks, faint marks on the LCD display.
The image quality is incredible from this camera, and it makes a killer "travel / adventure" camera for anyone who is looking for tons of resolution in a lightweight, small package. Paired with the Nikon 10-24mm DX, I had a delightful couple adventures with this camera body however I've upgraded to the D5300 even though the two cameras are practically the same. Oh and the articulated LCD screen makes the D5200 a killer video DSLR, a great addition to any video kit even if you already have a pro Nikon without a tilt-swivel screen!
Includes front cap, eyecup, and all other accessories and boxing etc that came with the camera originally. It was purchased within the past few months and I will be able to assist the buyer with receiving warranty service if necessary!
SOLD

Message me or reply here if you're interested. I accept paypal, and credit cards through paypal. I accept returns under certain conditions only.
My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum

Comments